+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the real truth about Trevor Clarke?

What's the real truth about Trevor Clarke?

Warne crowed from the highest turret when we signed this lad. One for the future, a true Left back, an over lapper who can bomb on up the wing. Will surely represent the Irish National squad in the future.....blah blah blah.

Well, where is he? Mattock injured again? We put Jones , who's a right back in his slot meanwhile Clarke's on the bench?

Yes I know Warne and Co see everyone in training all week but, if this lad is that poor he can't start a game, then why didn't HE go out on loan when it was possible to to do so.

I've seen him a couple of times this season and he looks a tad lightweight but, I've also seen a club legend no bigger than him play in that position and it took him half a season to fit into the role, yes Paul Hurst. If Hursty was allowed to prove himself why isn't Clarke afforeded the same opportunity, or will it be another waste of time and effort at left back like Purrington?

Think he has been recovering from injury, although he played an hour for the reserves a few weeks back (4th Feb) and scored a goal.
    Maybe he will get a game for the reserves on Tuesday?

I guess it depends on your definition of future Brin? If it's 10 minutes from now then obviously he's fallen short of PW's prophecy but if it's a couple of years from now then there's plenty of time. Either way I don't think it accounted for him getting a pretty bad knee injury before the ink on the contract was dry (or even on the contract). He's not 22 until the end of the month so plenty of time yet although if he was a prodigy like the lad at Birmingham he's 5 years late (and many millions cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of future Brin? If it's 10 minutes from now then obviously he's fallen short of PW's prophecy but if it's a couple of years from now then there's plenty of time. Either way I don't think it accounted for him getting a pretty bad knee injury before the ink on the contract was dry (or even on the contract). He's not 22 until the end of the month so plenty of time yet although if he was a prodigy like the lad at Birmingham he's 5 years late (and many millions cheaper).
    Yes unlucky with the knee injury in a friendly of all games. However, he's been fit now for several weeks/months so why can't he get a game after such a bull up from Warne?

Oh ffs here we go again a player doesn’t play in a 11 man squad and it’s time to ask why? Let’s ask why the burger man isn’t playing too why don’t we?

I’m sure if Clarke was in and Jones on bench you would have said same thing about jones

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    so why can't he get a game after such a bull up from Warne?
    Because he's one for the future?

I've heard the burger man would be the first name on PW's team sheet but his shift doesn't end until 2:45 and it doesn't give him enough time to get his kit on and the cone drill completed.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Because he's one for the future?

I've heard the burger man would be the first name on PW's team sheet but his shift doesn't end until 2:45 and it doesn't give him enough time to get his kit on and the cone drill completed.
    From what I have seen of Clarke (I admit, not much) he looked better going forward than in defence. Also seems to have an eye for goal. Might be better as a winger or wide midfielder anyway.
    Hursty started his career as a winger, then gradually moved into more defensive roles - full back, wing-back, or sometimes even man-to-man midfield marker under Ronnie.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-03-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Kate Bush

Go on then Brin, What is the "real" truth ?

He's lost now his buddy hastie has gone back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast