+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squad contacts.

I hope he has not left, top poster!!
    Very knowledgeable and talks a lot of sense.
    A twist on the Equals song ' Mista Come Back'!

With regard to Davies, hasn't he triggered an automatic 1 year extension once he passed 20 appearances this season?

FloJo and Kechi. Most, maybe all, fans will say let them go. When you see these "worst/best" videos on RamsTV, the players nearly all go for one or the other for the fastest squad player and for the most skilful....... what do they see that we apparently dont?

We may not see as many outgoings as the majority of fans would want for no other reason than we probably can't afford to replace the dozen mentioned earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With regard to Davies, hasn't he triggered an automatic 1 year extension once he passed 20 appearances this season?

FloJo and Kechi. Most, maybe all, fans will say let them go. When you see these "worst/best" videos on RamsTV, the players nearly all go for one or the other for the fastest squad player and for the most skilful....... what do they see that we apparently dont?

We may not see as many outgoings as the majority of fans would want for no other reason than we probably can't afford to replace the dozen mentioned earlier in this thread.
    MA, speaking as someone who was genuinely excited when we signed Anya...whichever way you look at it ‘FloJo and Kechi’ are surely up there with Claude as two of Derby’s worst ever value for money signings.
    Really sad because they can both play...but apparently not the ‘Derby way’.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Realistically your right and its not just a question of finance, rebuilding a team is best by evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Realistically your right and its not just a question of finance, rebuilding a team is best by evolution.
    Absolutely Swale, however, we can't expect too much from the likes of Knight, Bird, Whittaker and Sibley next season due to "2nd season syndrome". Not technically Bird's 2nd season as he debuted the season before last but 18/19 was a write off for the lad both physically and mentally. Perfect evolution would be for those 4 to really kick on next season alongside the further development of Bogle and Lowe.

JML back from his Bristol Rovers loan, Jamahl Hector Ingram and maybe a couple of others from the 19s/23s to add to a couple of signings and we could be on to something.

It's a tad premature to be thinking too far and too successfully for the future but....... might this current crop be Derby's "class of 92"? I don't know but what I do know is that the Manager needs to keep faith with our young guns, develop them and surround them with good pros who can help them in the way Rooney appears to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    MA, speaking as someone who was genuinely excited when we signed Anya...whichever way you look at it ‘FloJo and Kechi’ are surely up there with Claude as two of Derby’s worst ever value for money signings.
    Really sad because they can both play...but apparently not the ‘Derby way’.
    I was neutral over Kechi as I didn't know much about the lad. His time at Derby will have been horrendous for him as he has seen more of the treatment room than he has the training pitch. 27 1st team appearances in 16/17, 11 in 17/18, none in 18/19 and the same this season. He has made 2 appearances for the U23s this season, 1 in the League and 1 in their European campaign.

FloJo? This is one occasion where I hate being proved right. I said "bad idea" when we signed him and that's how it has turned out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12