+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squad contacts.

Bit harsh, Parky. Ulcerative Colitis is a ******* of an illness - give me Coronavirus any day over that. You might be right or he might just have done very well to come back from such a thing.
    I’d hate to see him performing well for some rival against us. Reduced wages for me but will he accept them or move on?

I cannot see him getting same or increased wages elsewhere, so why not stay on a decent deal, maybe with a one year option exercisible by the club
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 02-03-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Ah, but you wash your hands rA, so, as long as you do so for as long as it takes to sing happy birthday twice, then you'll be OK

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I cannot see him getting same or increased wages elsewhere, so why not stay on a decent deal, maybe with a one year option exercisible by the club
    Options tend to be 2 sided affairs. As has happened with Curtis Davies this season. X number of goals and/or y number of appearances and you trigger an extra year......

thats one way of doing it, but basically if they are both ways, they tend not to be options!!

Indeed, sometimes a club can exercise an option the player doesn't want as it suits the club. On other occasions a player can exercise his option against the wishes of the club OR, as in Curtis's case, he met a prereq so the option kicked in automatically.

Both sides agreed at the time of signing.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)