+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Game off - Motherwell v St Mirren

Game off - Motherwell v St Mirren

Fir Park failed a lunchtime pitch inspection so Saturday's Motherwell v St Mirren game been postponed. - External Link

Seems a sensible decision...might not hurt us in the long run either.

Yes not too unhappy at this either. With our current striker crisis it was always going to be a struggle today and those conditions would have ensured a farce of a game with the risk of more injuries picked up. We can now focus on what is a bigger and more important game on Tuesday evening now.

Well pleased it's off - means we won't be beaten by the same team in the space of 3 days!!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Seems a sensible decision...might not hurt us in the long run either.
    I'm sure it was, but, having driven / splashed 61.2 miles towards Fir Park before Tam Cowan broadcast the news, you'll forgive me if I wonder if an inspection couldn't have taken place sooner? The weather warnings were there. But hey - ho, I'll be back on Tuesday.

Very unfortunate and given the warnings yeah, I think they could have sorted it sooner.

Think if we didn’t have cup tie on Tuesday night the game would have been played. Probably easier to arrange postponed league game than arrange a cup tie before the next round. Wouldn’t like to have played a cuptie on a pitch that would have been severely cut up and heavy underfoot no matter how excellent our groundstaff are

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)