+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 15.02.20

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Seems the Woking manager disagrees.
    According to Stall the refs assessor thought it was a stone wall penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    We can blame the referee, who was awful, or the opposition’s dubious tactics, but the bottom line is we were poor against a very average side.
    We started off brightly and, if Wootton takes his early chance, I suspect we would have gone on to win it. However, after the first fif**** minutes, we drifted back to our usual home form mediocrity.
    I’m sick and tired of watching us pass the ball sideways and backwards, totally lacking any urgency, even when we’re a goal down. Does the manager really think it’s difficult for the opposition to play against us when we’re stroking the ball around in our own half, passing the ball anyway but forwards. Our strikers make runs but the ball never arrives. Inevitably, the ball goes back to our ‘playmaker’, Rose, who has been known to lose the ball in danger areas!
    Admittedly, we have mixed it up more, in recent games, but this insistence on playing pedestrian, negative football is holding us back and is thoroughly frustrating to watch.
    We should be terrifying the opposition, with the attacking threat we should carry, but sadly we spend too much time playing ineffective football. How many saves did their keeper have to make today? Not many, the same as most weeks!
    So the conditions were difficult today. All the more reason to play in their half as much as you can.
    Too negative, as usual!
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    We can blame the referee, who was awful, or the opposition’s dubious tactics, but the bottom line is we were poor against a very average side.
    We started off brightly and, if Wootton takes his early chance, I suspect we would have gone on to win it. However, after the first fif**** minutes, we drifted back to our usual home form mediocrity.
    I’m sick and tired of watching us pass the ball sideways and backwards, totally lacking any urgency, even when we’re a goal down. Does the manager really think it’s difficult for the opposition to play against us when we’re stroking the ball around in our own half, passing the ball anyway but forwards. Our strikers make runs but the ball never arrives. Inevitably, the ball goes back to our ‘playmaker’, Rose, who has been known to lose the ball in danger areas!
    Admittedly, we have mixed it up more, in recent games, but this insistence on playing pedestrian, negative football is holding us back and is thoroughly frustrating to watch.
    We should be terrifying the opposition, with the attacking threat we should carry, but sadly we spend too much time playing ineffective football. How many saves did their keeper have to make today? Not many, the same as most weeks!
    So the conditions were difficult today. All the more reason to play in their half as much as you can.
    Too negative, as usual!
    I’m sure you could do better?
    Look, I agree that NA can sometimes set us up not to lose, but let’s be sensible about yesterday. Literally everything was against us. Half a team missing, a ref that allowed the opposition to ‘manage the game’, a ref that couldn’t get the big decision right, conditions that were appalling to play the way we play. All would impact even the best teams getting momentum. It did us.
    It’s funny, others have said that Wooton didn’t win a header all afternoon, so had we gone more direct as you propose, you would be moaning today that our tactics were wrong. We simply don’t t have the players to go long/direct. Oh to have a Devon White.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    According to Stall the refs assessor thought it was a stone wall penalty.
    And so did the Woking manager, and says so on their official site, and also says nice things about Notts

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789