+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please can we drop Bartley

Please can we drop Bartley

He was awful today

Always looks capable of dropping a clanger has terrible distribution, own goals, penalties, rash challenges, offers nothing at all

Devoid of any confidence and that is passed on to the rest of the defence

Really would like to see Hegazi and Ajayi next game

We should have scored 4/5 today, but we always look like letting in 2/3

I didn't think he played too bad today? In fact getting back to Ajayi and Bartley has helped us get some good results. Forest were very lucky to get anything today, we were on fire, no point in starting to change things.

Only the result was a disappointment for me. The performance was fine. Third game in a week, Forest had an extra days rest and rested players in the week I thought we might be under the cosh today and when we obviously lost the toss and had the wind first half I thought the worst and said to my mate I almost wish I had not come to the game as I have a bad feeling about it. But there was only one team playing football out there and Forest were made to look pretty average. They tried to rough up Pereira and Krovinovic with ankle taps etc but we kept playing football. Second half I was dreading but we completely dominated it and their keeper pulled off two or three good saves. Then right at the death a bit of a scramble in our goalmouth, it falls to a Forest player and he bangs in the only shot I can remember them having. Felt like a loss leaving the ground but you have to remember the performance was good over the 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I didn't think he played too bad today? In fact getting back to Ajayi and Bartley has helped us get some good results. Forest were very lucky to get anything today, we were on fire, no point in starting to change things.
    Tend to agree - when Hegazi came back in December it coincided with our slump in form. Not entirely sure it was just down to Hegazi but the fact is we have got better results with Ajayi and Bartley as our central defenders.

I share your opinion BaggieSingh buddy. Time to rest Bartley. He has undoubted one to one heading prowess, but organisationally dreadful. He really looked off the pace today and, judging by his exit of the pitch after the game today, he knew he had had a nightmare.
    Whilst much improved on last season, he lacks the overall quality and is the weak link in defence at the moment.
    Hegazi deserves a start with Kyle on the bench in case of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Tend to agree - when Hegazi came back in December it coincided with our slump in form. Not entirely sure it was just down to Hegazi but the fact is we have got better results with Ajayi and Bartley as our central defenders.
    We can’t keep a clean sheet

Downturn was due to Diangana & Ferguson getting injured and Perrier’s adapting to that change

Hegazi has mainly played with Bartley not Ajayi

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I share your opinion BaggieSingh buddy. Time to rest Bartley. He has undoubted one to one heading prowess, but organisationally dreadful. He really looked off the pace today and, judging by his exit of the pitch after the game today, he knew he had had a nightmare.
    Whilst much improved on last season, he lacks the overall quality and is the weak link in defence at the moment.
    Hegazi deserves a start with Kyle on the bench in case of need.
    He had a mare for sure last 2 games

We ship goals for fun gotta be worth trying Ajayi and Hegazi for 3-4 games

In fairness to Bartley, he is not helped by a quivering wreck that is rooted to his line when the ball is played into the box.

Hasn't Hegazi played in 2 of our defeats already.? people have very short memories we conceded so many poor goals last season with him in the team, also he decided in the summer to play for Egypt despite knowing he needed an operation, he also was dropped from the squad for having a fight with one of his own players at the training ground, if we want to defend better maybe we should bring Pulis back.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    In fairness to Bartley, he is not helped by a quivering wreck that is rooted to his line when the ball is played into the box.
    Thats a fair point tbh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)