+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I spoke to a Wombles fan yesterday about their new ground.
    They are still aiming for moving in this coming season and it's well underway but they need to raise more finance to complete it with the deadline last Friday.
    Hope they do it and if there's any club deserve a new ground it's them
    It's clubs like the Owls who deserve a new stadium. Tin pot clubs like Wimbledon had their chances and blew it. Fans were so disinterested they lost their club to a better town.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Did anyone see the challenge on vassell when he was fouled when he was about to shoot.
    The referee gave a drop ball because the player who took vassell out hurt himself.
    I don’t agree Frog
    I didn’t see any foul so play should have carried on but obviously ref was going to blow his white.

I’d like to know what was wrong with our disallowed goal though,apart from their player laid on floor I couldn’t see anything else

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t agree Frog
    I didn’t see any foul so play should have carried on but obviously ref was going to blow his white.

I’d like to know what was wrong with our disallowed goal though,apart from their player laid on floor I couldn’t see anything else
    Good call about our disallowed goal MT I couldn't tell from where I was what had happened for ref to disallow it, and I've seen it on telly and still haven't a clue why he disallowed it? There looked nothing wrong with it from what I could see on telly and even sky sports reporter at ground didn't know why it was disallowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Good call about our disallowed goal MT I couldn't tell from where I was what had happened for ref to disallow it, and I've seen it on telly and still haven't a clue why he disallowed it? There looked nothing wrong with it from what I could see on telly and even sky sports reporter at ground didn't know why it was disallowed.
    It was disallowed because the ref was incompetent

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I have little opinion on the ref apart from. We have seen worst and he was whistle happy
    The pen was a stone Waller. Thompson had both arms around the attacker and where the cross landed was approx where the attacker would have been.
    Disallowed goal. Owt can happen in those situations. Most of the time the defensive side gets the decision so can't complain.

Couldn't tell from the iFollow camera, but if you were in the North Stand, Cayts you would have had a good view.

Interestingly he didn't give a yellow - could even have been a red if it was a goal opportunity. The linesman didn't even flag.

Was saying to Frog at the time, some of the refs this season have seemed so unfit, always seem to be miles off the action.
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 16-02-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Plus the recent rule change about players taking the shortest route off the pitch, yesterday’s ref seemed oblivious to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It was disallowed because the ref was incompetent

Haha not sure that comes under any rules in the laws of the game Grist, about the ref being incompetent,but having watched the penalty incident back, PW has a good point about Woody being fouled as he gets bundled over on the near post and yet the ref apparently only sees their player bundled over at the back post, so he doesn't see the first one, or chooses to ignore it, but decides to give the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Couldn't tell from the iFollow camera, but if you were in the North Stand, Cayts you would have had a good view.

Interestingly he didn't give a yellow - could even have been a red if it was a goal opportunity. The linesman didn't even flag.

Was saying to Frog at the time, some of the refs this season have seemed so unfit, always seem to be miles off the action.
    Those directly behind the goal would have had a perfect view on both of the indents.
    Maybe VAR gives us 3 points yesterday.
    Can't really go with the linesman. They never flag��.

Going back to the disallowed goal, did the ball actually cross the line at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Going back to the disallowed goal, did the ball actually cross the line at any point?
    If it didn't it wouldn't be a disallowed goal would it?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast