+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Relegation Dog Fight

I named this thread the dog fight but at the moment we are the poodles thrown in against the Dobermans of Alloa and Rottweilers of Arbroath. We have got to show the stomach for the fight asap before we get swallowed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Fans on the two threads apertaining to Queens on the Pie and Bovril site posting some really savage criticism of Alan Johnston
    And quite rightly so.....the buck stops at him....

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The Semple situation is strange in that the lad actually scored in his comeback game , playing well before understandably running out of gas and then bombed out of the team in the next game. If Calum Semple's confidence was low then it will be even lower with Johnson's decision to put a young loan lad straight into the defence ahead of him. I agree with Albertz - 442- Hamilton and Dobbie up front and get the ball delivered as early as possible from the wide areas for Hamilton to attack and Dobbie to feed off the second ball and scraps.Oh , and Semple and Kilday centre halves. We also have to accept the unpalatable truth that although Dobbs is still a fine player, his influence on games has nosedived dramatically. We have seen the best of our legend .
    I reckon that Dobbie is no longer as effective for Queens due to Dykes leaving the club, as no other player is doing the donkey work that Lyndon was.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I reckon that Dobbie is no longer as effective for Queens due to Dykes leaving the club, as no other player is doing the donkey work that Lyndon was.
    That's 100% true. Dykes endless running took defenders away out the road giving Dobbie more space.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    And quite rightly so.....the buck stops at him....

the buck stops at johnston for having his current squad ready and up for it but the big buck stops with the people that run the club that give him the ammo to do something about it ,if queens want to run the club on a shue string thay need to appoint hard experienced taskmen type managers that take no crap ,your alan johnston types are too easyosy to manage budget players .

The BOD have to go and Hewitson out.
    Look at the last few seasons. We make our managers struggle with a as Francis says a shoe string budget.

What's going to happen? We sack Johnston, bring someone else in and repeat the process next season just like the last 3 !!!

I don't think it's fair to criticise Dobbie. He's been struggling with no service often up front in his own or out wide on the wing add to the fact we carry very little alternative goal threat unless Hamilton is on so all teams do is stifle Dobs out and that's us screwed as an attacking threat.

Johnson needs to give himself a kick up the arse...……...this is much bigger than just about him, - this is about Queen of the South FC.

Why is Semple not getting a chance? Why was Hamilton not started today after scoring a hattrick against Motherwell?

But most of all, - why is there no passion from the manager on the touchline? I've seen more interest from a bored sloth.

Come one sir.....if nothing else, - get angry about what people are saying and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Johnson needs to give himself a kick up the arse...……...this is much bigger than just about him, - this is about Queen of the South FC.

Why is Semple not getting a chance? Why was Hamilton not started today after scoring a hattrick against Motherwell?

But most of all, - why is there no passion from the manager on the touchline? I've seen more interest from a bored sloth.

Come one sir.....if nothing else, - get angry about what people are saying and do something about it.
    100% agree well said...

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

yep i agree jardi ,i just dont see johnston as a manager who can get the best out of a team that operates on a shoe string ,id like to see either a billy mclaren type or a poor mans jurgen clop as we cant afford the real deal lol ,these type of managers at queens ,both manage with passion in there different ways ,that motivates players .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 16-02-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)