+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Relegation Dog Fight

Magic blaming the team yet again although it's his own fault for not starting with his strongest eleven. Why doesn't he get his best team on the pitch straight from the kick off and go for it?

Wonder if we could interest 'tucker' Sloan to come back to Palmerston as manager He'd certainly wear his heart on his sleave..

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Wonder if we could interest 'tucker' Sloan to come back to Palmerston as manager He'd certainly wear his heart on his sleave..
    I think he'll be happy enough managing a successful Junior team where his future should be quite safe, rather than taking the risk of leaving his job to go into full time management. He may also be prone to the "Magic" effect, good manager at a certain level but found out at a higher level.

Championship Form Guide
    Points Last Six

Alloa Athletic 12
    Arbroath 12
    Ayr Utd 10
    Dundee Utd 9
    Morton 9
    Dundee 8
    Inverness CT 7
    Dunfermline 6
    Partick Thistle 5
    QoS 4

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post

tucker sloan defo wont want to be leaving auchenlech to move to queens there the kings of the juniors and atm i reckon thay are also a far better team than queens .

A letter in today's Daily Record from a Bill Cooper, Lake District.... " I make a 100 mile round trip every other week to watch Queen of the South and the fans are fed up of Alan Johnston and Sandy Clark. We want a change in the dug out because we haven't won a game this year and our home record is dreadful". Now that the fans' discontent is published in a national paper, maybe Johnston will actually decide to have players utilised in their best positions.?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    A letter in today's Daily Record from a Bill Cooper, Lake District.... " I make a 100 mile round trip every other week to watch Queen of the South and the fans are fed up of Alan Johnston and Sandy Clark. We want a change in the dug out because we haven't won a game this year and our home record is dreadful". Now that the fans' discontent is published in a national paper, maybe Johnston will actually decide to have players utilised in their best positions.?

trouble is yes queens could replace johnston with another manager but he will still have the same squad to work with ,and no ammo coming from the board to bring in what another manager might need ,so i reckon our only hope is yes replace johnston but bring in an old school manager that can change the mindset of the current squad and have different training regimes ,altho i still maintain that queens should be training a bit more on palmy as only time thay work on our home pitch is during matchdays ,i think there is improvement there by playing on our own surface more .

I wouldn't replace Johnston. If we naturally slip down then so be it. Might do us good to rebuild so long as we stay full time

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I wouldn't replace Johnston. If we naturally slip down then so be it. Might do us good to rebuild so long as we stay full time
    I wonder if a decision on remaining full time will be discussed at the AGM next Thursday.

Club is in real danger of falling down the leagues.
    Could be back to the 1980s if we aren’t careful.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)