+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Relegation Dog Fight

The Relegation Dog Fight

We, gentlemen, are up to our necks in it now. I was thinking earlier today that we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season with a better team than we have this year. This indicates that the omens are not good for the outcome in May 2020. The much maligned Dykes has proved to be a far more valuable player to us than a lot of Qos fans gave him credit for. His performance's in the Premier League make a mockery of the stick he received and we havent replaced him. To make matters worse, the 'safety cushion' of having Alloa and Arbroath in the Championship has proved anything but. To quote a line from the King himself " we're caught in a trap and cant get out " . Thoughts ?

I think we need to make a change and not leave it to the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man View Post
    I think we need to make a change and not leave it to the last minute.
    I have to agree. The players aren’t playing for a man they’ve no respect for unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    I have to agree. The players aren’t playing for a man they’ve no respect for unfortunately.
    Said before, saying again...
    It doesn't matter if they respect the manager or not. These are supposedly professional players who should have pride in THEMSELVES! Most of these guys are "in the shop window" If I was one of them I would be busting a gut to get myself noticed. ****E ATTITUDE IS THE CAUSE.

Re. The above... Having said that... Having to read and hear the same old negative bollox every week from the manager pre match that... "IT will be a tough game" "They are a good side" etc against all opposition every game. No wonder morale is down. BIG YOURSELVES UP FFS!! At least go into a game with a positive note!!!

One thing I have noticed is that we are notoriously slow starters , quite often giving the opposition the first period of the game . I've got to say that it was the same under Naysmith. Why are we not starting to impose ourselves from the off ?

I don't agree it's because the players are not playing for the manager.

The problems have all started since this new keeper and the young centre half came in.

We can't change the keeper but this stubbornness not to play Semple who proved himself the last time he featured and last week in the reserves is potentially costing us.

Get Hamilton and Semple in and play 442...FFS

Fans on the two threads apertaining to Queens on the Pie and Bovril site posting some really savage criticism of Alan Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I don't agree it's because the players are not playing for the manager.

The problems have all started since this new keeper and the young centre half came in.

We can't change the keeper but this stubbornness not to play Semple who proved himself the last time he featured and last week in the reserves is potentially costing us.
    The Semple situation is strange in that the lad actually scored in his comeback game , playing well before understandably running out of gas and then bombed out of the team in the next game. If Calum Semple's confidence was low then it will be even lower with Johnson's decision to put a young loan lad straight into the defence ahead of him. I agree with Albertz - 442- Hamilton and Dobbie up front and get the ball delivered as early as possible from the wide areas for Hamilton to attack and Dobbie to feed off the second ball and scraps.Oh , and Semple and Kilday centre halves. We also have to accept the unpalatable truth that although Dobbs is still a fine player, his influence on games has nosedived dramatically. We have seen the best of our legend .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 15-02-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)