+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Woking

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    New keeper...........looks a dodgy one to me..5
    Bill...............looks disinterested at times..5
    Rawlinson.....apart from when he played right back, worse game for Notts..5
    Bird........gets an extra point for rolling that tw@t off the pitch..6
    Dion.......not his best game..6
    Jim.........the good and the downright ugly at times..6
    Rose......why didn't he take any long throws today, it's not like he offers much else..5
    Enzio.....poor, very poor, lost the ball in the middle that led to their goal..4
    Bertie......missing that chance summed up his afternoon..4
    Dennis.......scored and put Bertie in but little else..6
    Robbo.....wow, this kid is good..9

The ref...I give him fcuk all but I'm sure a Woking fan would give him a ..9
    Surprise surprise?? Enzio 4

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Surprise surprise?? Enzio 4
    If you think I was being to generous, feel free to say so.

McDonell 7 - Stood up well to being crowded by their big men at corners, really good low save second half.
    Kelly-Evans 6 - Didn't get forward a lot, but did his job defensively.
    Brindley 5.5 - Some poor touches, not one of his better games.
    Rawlinson 6 - Did ok in the conditions, average game.
    Bird 6.5 - Slotted in well, played a few decent balls out of defence.
    Rose 5.5 - Battled hard but his passing was generally poor.
    O'Brien 6 - Hit and miss, at least he was prepared to try a few creative balls.
    Boldewijn 5.5 - Seemed to be double marked all game, struggled to find space to cross or shoot.
    Roberts 8* - Enjoyed a bit more space than Enzio and made the most of it. Always willing to take a player on and created most of our best moments. Unfortunately he missed our best chance of the game.
    Dennis 6 - Did as much as could be expected with the service he was given, typical poacher's goal.
    Wooton 4 - Awful. Missed a good chance early on hitting a weak shot straight at the keeper and contributed very little after that.

On balance I think we were a bit unfortunate not to take the 3 points. Woking had lots of possession and put plenty of balls in our box, but didn't really create much in the way of chances. We had enough good opportunities to have scored more than once.

The referee - where do you start with this bloke? We had been warned about awful officials in this league, but so far I think the standard has been at least as good as League 2. Not yesterday though, because Mr Samuel Barrott gave a masterclass in incompetence. I suspect he's a rookie, because he seemed to approach the game with the mindset he wouldn't be swayed into favouring the 'big club'. Instead he did the opposite - nearly all borderline decisions went Woking's way, and a few blatant fouls on our players also went Woking's way. His job was simply to apply the laws of the game, and he failed to do that big time. I hope he gets the very low mark he deserves from the assessor, because he is nowhere near the standard required.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    McDonell 7 - Stood up well to being crowded by their big men at corners, really good low save second half.
    Boldewijn 5.5 - Seemed to be double marked all game, struggled to find space to cross or shoot.
    Roberts 8* - Enjoyed a bit more space than Enzio and made the most of it. Always willing to take a player on and created most of our best moments. Unfortunately he missed our best chance of the game.
    Dennis 6 - Did as much as could be expected with the service he was given, typical poacher's goal.
    Wooton 4 - Awful. Missed a good chance early on hitting a weak shot straight at the keeper and contributed very little after that.

On balance I think we were a bit unfortunate not to take the 3 points. Woking had lots of possession and put plenty of balls in our box, but didn't really create much in the way of chances. We had enough good opportunities to have scored more than once.

The referee - where do you start with this bloke? We had been warned about awful officials in this league, but so far I think the standard has been at least as good as League 2. Not yesterday though, because Mr Samuel Barrott gave a masterclass in incompetence. I suspect he's a rookie, because he seemed to approach the game with the mindset he wouldn't be swayed into favouring the 'big club'. Instead he did the opposite - nearly all borderline decisions went Woking's way, and a few blatant fouls on our players also went Woking's way. His job was simply to apply the laws of the game, and he failed to do that big time. I hope he gets the very low mark he deserves from the assessor, because he is nowhere near the standard required.
    It seems that we both went to the same game, as by and large, I'd agree not only with the ratings but the comments on the game and the referee, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    If you think I was being to generous, feel free to say so.
    If Enzio scored a hat trick he would be lucky to get a 6 from you, you slate him off at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Those marks are more accurate imo.

I didnt go yesterday, thankfully by the sounds of it. Still a bit harsh marking down the strikers, especially when they score!

The forwards are only as good as the midfield it plays in front of and by the sounds of it it was another poor display. It seems like Déjà vu, but the centre of our midfield is a big problem, and has been since day one of the season.

Which is a surprise to most of us as many, including myself, were delighted and excited about a central midfield consisting of Jim, Doyle and Rose before the season kicked off

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Interesting to see what NA does for the next match. Doyle will walk straight back in (no surprise after today’s performance to be fair) but he won’t drop JOB or Rose either. Maybe one of the players, playing with an injury today, will be conveniently rested. Otherwise it will have to be a change in formation or Rose at right back!
    I fear you might be right. Can't see him not starting with 2 up front and surely he can't leave Enzio or Cal out. Can he? Doyle must be in as well. I thought Jim O'Brien faded badly in the second half, so he might be the one to lose out. But you could be right about Rose at right back. I believe he used to play in that position at Grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Which is a surprise to most of us as many, including myself, were delighted and excited about a central midfield consisting of Jim, Doyle and Rose before the season kicked off
    What, the one that helped get us relegated? I wasn’t.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast