+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Woking

Match ratings v Woking

Ok so here goes my humble assessment -

McDonell - 7 Commanded his box well under lots of high balls and set pieces. Didn't really do anything wrong.

Kelly-Evans - 7 - Never seen him have a bad game. Full of energy, tough tackling, willing to run forward.

Brindley - 6.5 Reasonable going forward and always made himself available but a little shaky in defence and tired towards end.

Rawlinson - 6.5 Not quite up to his usual standards with poor ball control on a couple of occasions that almost let Woking in. Would also like to see him put the ball forward a little more.

Bird - 7.5 Best defender today, nothing got past him and is the most positive defender, always looking for forward pass with one exceptional cross field ball.

Rose - 6 Ummmm rose, rose, rose. Tough tackling, tons of heart, never gives up. However lots of sideways and backward passing, some poor decision making and wayward passes hence lower rating.

O'Brien - 8 1st half/ 6 2nd Lots of running and aggression as per expected, never afraid to receive the ball but tired badly in second half and should of been replaced by Osborne or Crawford.

Boldewijn - 6 Continues to frustrate me, he is virtually unstoppable when in full flow but so few times was he really in the game today and couple of poor crosses when in good positions.

Roberts MoM 8.5 - That lad can run with the ball at his feet and scared the hell out of their number 3. Also lots of intelligent crosses and positive energy to the very end. Was denied a stonewall penalty. Would of been a 9 if not missed the sitter in box.Very excited about his future.

Dennis - 7 Never gives up a lost cause and won couple of those today, good in midfield, scored the goal. Does drop too deep sometimes though.

Wooton - 5 saw very little of the ball, very tame effort for his one good chance, was out muscled in the air. Though there defender had better if him.

Overall - 7 - Good workmanlike performance with plenty of promise. Woking better than expected but out in niggly tackles, wasted lots of time and should of had a player sent off plus the penalty incident! I really wish Notts would put more balls in the box , drive forward with pace ( our goal came from that ) and stop the tippy reply fun into trouble midfield passing and backwards passing.

Ardley - 6 Set the team up well today very vocal but let himself down by reluctance to use subs. The game screamed for fresh legs in midfield and the positive running of an Osborne.

Officials 2 Terrible decisions, let Woking waste time over and over, lost control at times, some bizarre bookings or non bookings! Stonewall penalty missed.

Edit - Should ready Tippy-Tappy stuff playing us into trouble

Match ratings v Woking

New keeper...........looks a dodgy one to me..5
    Bill...............looks disinterested at times..5
    Rawlinson.....apart from when he played right back, worse game for Notts..5
    Bird........gets an extra point for rolling that tw@t off the pitch..6
    Dion.......not his best game..6
    Jim.........the good and the downright ugly at times..6
    Rose......why didn't he take any long throws today, it's not like he offers much else..5
    Enzio.....poor, very poor, lost the ball in the middle that led to their goal..4
    Bertie......missing that chance summed up his afternoon..4
    Dennis.......scored and put Bertie in but little else..6
    Robbo.....wow, this kid is good..9

The ref...I give him fcuk all but I'm sure a Woking fan would give him a ..9
    Last edited by navypie; 15-02-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: oops

Just looked at navy's ratings, either I'm too generous or we were at different games.

FFS, why do people always beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Just looked at navy's ratings, either I'm too generous or we were at different games.
    Too generous, but goes without saying that you are entilted to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Rose......why didn't he take any long throws today, it's not like he offers much else..5
    Enzio.....poor, very poor, lost the ball in the middle that led to their goal..4

Can you shift this please Swale?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post

Pretty much spot on Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Ok so here goes my humble assessment -

McDonell - 7 Commanded his box well under lots of high balls and set pieces. Didn't really do anything wrong.

Kelly-Evans - 7 - Never seen him have a bad game. Full of energy, tough tackling, willing to run forward.

Brindley - 6.5 Reasonable going forward and always made himself available but a little shaky in defence and tired towards end.

Rawlinson - 6.5 Not quite up to his usual standards with poor ball control on a couple of occasions that almost let Woking in. Would also like to see him put the ball forward a little more.

Bird - 7.5 Best defender today, nothing got past him and is the most positive defender, always looking for forward pass with one exceptional cross field ball.

Rose - 6 Ummmm rose, rose, rose. Tough tackling, tons of heart, never gives up. However lots of sideways and backward passing, some poor decision making and wayward passes hence lower rating.

O'Brien - 8 1st half/ 6 2nd Lots of running and aggression as per expected, never afraid to receive the ball but tired badly in second half and should of been replaced by Osborne or Crawford.

Boldewijn - 6 Continues to frustrate me, he is virtually unstoppable when in full flow but so few times was he really in the game today and couple of poor crosses when in good positions.

Roberts MoM 8.5 - That lad can run with the ball at his feet and scared the hell out of their number 3. Also lots of intelligent crosses and positive energy to the very end. Was denied a stonewall penalty. Would of been a 9 if not missed the sitter in box.Very excited about his future.

Dennis - 7 Never gives up a lost cause and won couple of those today, good in midfield, scored the goal. Does drop too deep sometimes though.

Wooton - 5 saw very little of the ball, very tame effort for his one good chance, was out muscled in the air. Though there defender had better if him.

Overall - 7 - Good workmanlike performance with plenty of promise. Woking better than expected but out in niggly tackles, wasted lots of time and should of had a player sent off plus the penalty incident! I really wish Notts would put more balls in the box , drive forward with pace ( our goal came from that ) and stop the tippy reply fun into trouble midfield passing and backwards passing.

Ardley - 6 Set the team up well today very vocal but let himself down by reluctance to use subs. The game screamed for fresh legs in midfield and the positive running of an Osborne.

Officials 2 Terrible decisions, let Woking waste time over and over, lost control at times, some bizarre bookings or non bookings! Stonewall penalty missed.
    Not sure about the keeper " Commanded his box " but agree with you regarding OB, he should have been replaced.

Too many players had off games today to see us get more than a point in my opinion. Roberts stood out on his own, McDonnell didn't do a great deal wrong and DKE put in his standard steady performance he always does.

McDonnell - 6.5/10
    Brindley - 5/10
    Rawlinson - 5/10
    Bird - 6/10
    Kelly-Evans - 7/10
    Boldewijn - 5.5/10
    O'Brien - 6/10
    Rose - 5.5/10
    Roberts - 8/10 MOTM
    Dennis - 6/10
    Wootton - 5/10

Rawlinson had a terrible second half, the lack of Lacey beside him clearly hurt his performance.

Enzio couldn't get into the game enough as he was playing too narrow, it's the same every time Ardley insists he sits in the middle and I blame Ardley 100% for not playing to his strengths.

O'Brien was either great or terrible with most of the things he did, probably should have scored with one of his chances, a couple of great passes and a couple of terrible ones.

Rose actually looked like he was going to have a good game but faded and went back to having the reaction times of an old lady crossing the road.

Dennis barely did anything all game other than score and chase down a pass that looked like it was going out, but his service was non existent and his strike partner having the worst game I've seen him play didn't help, not sure Wootton won a header all game and every second touch he had seemed to be a tackle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast