+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Livermore Tackle

Livermore Tackle

The pundits going overboard about the tackle, but no mention of the Forrest off the ball kick at Pereira ankle .
    Think that's why Jake did him. Forrest targeting him all match, first time i've seen one of our players subbed for his own protection.
    I've always liked Forrest , my Dad and his family are from Nottinghamshire, but this team today was a team of cloggers.
    The ref was poor for both teams. But for their goalkeeper we could have scored 5 today

The pundits generally like to put West Brom down. The newspapers are shocking. The telegraph said that we struggled to control the game???? On the commentary Matty Cash’s goal was described with superlatives whereas Robinson’s goal had none. Livermore was really up for it yesterday which often means you get tackles like the one yesterday.

Take the rose tinted glasses off boys. That was a disgusting tackle and if it had happened to one of our players, we would have been shouting from the rooftops.

To be honest I thought it was probably a foul on their player - but have watched it several times now and can’t really see where Livermore makes contact before their legs just got tangled up. Thought Bartley was handball against Lolley in 2nd half and we got away with it. But as regards Pereira, this guy has been getting kicked all over the pitch all season. No protection by the referees - at least that should get better if we do make it to the Prem.

Yesterday’s Ref Stroud was like a throwback and should be made accountable. He let everything go that we have become used to seeing nowadays as fouls. In the first five minutes alone you could tell how he was going to officiate by not even batting an eyelid to some tasty tackles.

When refs don’t control games players try and get away with more, I’ve seen it on a Sunday morning and at Pro level, human nature is human nature, whatever the level you play football at.

We all saw the special treatment Forest had pre planned for Pereira so naturally Livermore and co had seen enough. Having read the media reports today clearly Forest were favoured and we weren’t yet a blind mon on a gallopin oss could see only one team deserved to win.

.....and it wasn’t bleeding Forest!

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Yesterday’s Ref Stroud was like a throwback and should be made accountable. He let everything go that we have become used to seeing nowadays as fouls. In the first five minutes alone you could tell how he was going to officiate by not even batting an eyelid to some tasty tackles.

When refs don’t control games players try and get away with more, I’ve seen it on a Sunday morning and at Pro level, human nature is human nature, whatever the level you play football at.

We all saw the special treatment Forest had pre planned for Pereira so naturally Livermore and co had seen enough. Having read the media reports today clearly Forest were favoured and we weren’t yet a blind mon on a gallopin oss could see only one team deserved to win.

Totally agree Forest came with a game plan to stop the game at every opportunity by committing petty fouls in order to stop us playing and the referee lost control in the first half, i'm not convinced Livermore meant to do the left back yes he raises his foot but then actually turns away and their player actually clears the ball then makes contact with Livermore not Livermore making contact with him.

All I saw Minn was forest being completely battered. The reports are weird but not surprising. It goes very quiet when we are top, as soon as Leeds go top everyone’s talking about it because they are a “popular” club and we are “unfashionable” of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post

I'm happy to see a ref let things go. Far too many free kicks are awarded in most games. Why has unintentional handball become reason for a foul to be given? This soft refereeing has encouraged players to go to the ground (including ours) with the lightest of touches. Sadly it won't turn around in the future. I used to watch as much football as I could, now I watch barely any except the Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I'm happy to see a ref let things go. Far too many free kicks are awarded in most games. Why has unintentional handball become reason for a foul to be given? This soft refereeing has encouraged players to go to the ground (including ours) with the lightest of touches. Sadly it won't turn around in the future. I used to watch as much football as I could, now I watch barely any except the Albion.
    So was I Chris in 1985.

My point is, what I see from one Ref, I expect to see the same, or at the very least similar, the following week.

I agree with the handballs though, as little as five years ago it was still ‘ball to hand’ so play on, common sense prevailed. Now we have an inquest on natural and unnatural positions. Load of bulls hit if you’re asking me.

I’m fed up of seeing fouls being given when a player (ie. the Forest defender) catches the boot of the player closing him down as the follow through from them clearing the ball brings them into contact with the closing player’s boot!

It’s like me stupidity stubbing my toe on the lounge coffee table and then throwing myself up in the air and rolling around blaming the table for being there ( which I do!)

These defenders catch the opposing player’s boot and then throw themselves up in the air and do a triple salko with a half pike before landing.

It’s utter b o l l o x.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 16-02-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)