+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brentford(away)predictions

Brentford(away)predictions

Sorry for the negativity but I cant see us getting a result here.
    2-1 loss

Brentford 1 Rovers 3

Brentford 0 Rovers 2
    They will not be looking forward to playing us at all.

I'm very uncertain about this one.
    In that situation, i always go for 1-1!

Just read Tosin's comments about last Saturday on the official site. So we scored from a deflection and a "shinner"!
    These are the bits about football that are beyond anyone's control. Add that to the dreadful referee's failure to award us a blatant penalty, and a picture begins to emerge of the random factors involved.
    We thoroughly deserved the win, but it is strange how the little things also start to fall for you when there is confidence in the team.
    I watched the Norwich game, and - in contrast - nothing quite fell for them.

I am away for five days from now. Weirdly, the Brentford game is on Sky, so I can still see it. I've set it to record.
    Of course, that means I will have to avoid all football results over the weekend, so that I can watch the match on Monday evening with no prior knowledge.
    Luckily, that's a lot easier here than in England.
    My official prediction is 1-1, but I have a side-bet on 4-3 to Rovers, and I'm hoping for an action-packed game.
    COYB.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Just read Tosin's comments about last Saturday on the official site. So we scored from a deflection and a "shinner"!
    These are the bits about football that are beyond anyone's control. Add that to the dreadful referee's failure to award us a blatant penalty, and a picture begins to emerge of the random factors involved.
    We thoroughly deserved the win, but it is strange how the little things also start to fall for you when there is confidence in the team.
    I watched the Norwich game, and - in contrast - nothing quite fell for them.

It has always caught my eye. Teams at the top will get all the luck. Teams at the bottom will get no luck.
    I do however feel, you make you own luck in football. Do everything right, and the luck will go your way. Play certain players, and no point bemoaning bad luck.
    Bennett had a spell of giving pens away earlier this season. You could even say one was bad luck (vrs Hudd at home)
    But is it really bad luck?
    Notice Nyambe doesn't give pens away, bad luck or not.
    Play Bennett, no point bemoaning bad luck. As I don't feel its that simple.
    Just don't play him, and watch the luck change.
    Bad luck will follow poor players and poor teams.
    Do you see Liverpool getting bad luck? No, because they aren't knowingly playing players who aren't good enough. And they are doing everything right.
    Remember when they had that ****e keeper a few season's ago? Karius? They tried to say he was unlucky. He was just crap.
    Remember before they had Van Dijk? That defence at times was viewed as unlucky. It wasn't, it wasn't quite good enough.
    Tosin isn't unlucky. Armstrong isn't unlucky. Travis isn't unlucky.
    Bennett at times is unlucky.
    Thats not luck, it's knowingly playing a guy not good enough, then bemoaning bad luck. Completely different.
    If we keep the same side, and keep up our standards, and play players like Tosin, watch how much bad luck we get.
    Start making 6/7 changes a game, for no reason, and bring in inferior players, expect the bad luck to follow.

Very interesting points 🤔
    I cannot disagree with what you have said champs.
    This weekends game is a very important one in terms of our progression.
    Last season we played brentford away at 12.30 on a Saturday,we were just outside the play offs but what followed defined our season.
    I just hope we dont follow that same path.

Don't agree in terms of pure luck in its true sense (Cambridge Dictionary: "...the force that causes things to happen to you by chance and not as a result of your own efforts or abilities"). You can't "make" that. Brentford did nothing to "create" the penalty, unless you can call diving "creative".
    I do agree, however, that when confidence is high, more things seem to go your way, Again, though, Champs you are surely going too far in suggesting Bennett MAKES the team more unlucky! As you say, for one of the penalties awarded against him, he was actually already on the floor, and the opposition player deliberately ran into him. It was just as bad a decision as the one on Saturday. So - yes - you CAN call it bad luck! What is the alternative? To argue that if it had been someone other than Bennett, the Huddersfield player wouldn't have done it?
    No-one sane is arguing that the team isn't much improved. I am just against you writing players off altogether.
    I gather that Buckley struggled a bit on Saturday, in a defensive sense. Several fans on the Telegraph site have said that if we were going to play 4-4-2, it might have been better to have Bennett out wide in his natural position. I don't know because I didn't see the game, but it does demonstrate that not everyone sees EB in the same totally negative light as you.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Don't agree in terms of pure luck in its true sense (Cambridge Dictionary: "...the force that causes things to happen to you by chance and not as a result of your own efforts or abilities"). You can't "make" that. Brentford did nothing to "create" the penalty, unless you can call diving "creative".
    I do agree, however, that when confidence is high, more things seem to go your way, Again, though, Champs you are surely going too far in suggesting Bennett MAKES the team more unlucky! As you say, for one of the penalties awarded against him, he was actually already on the floor, and the opposition player deliberately ran into him. It was just as bad a decision as the one on Saturday. So - yes - you CAN call it bad luck! What is the alternative? To argue that if it had been someone other than Bennett, the Huddersfield player wouldn't have done it?
    No-one sane is arguing that the team isn't much improved. I am just against you writing players off altogether.
    I gather that Buckley struggled a bit on Saturday, in a defensive sense. Several fans on the Telegraph site have said that if we were going to play 4-4-2, it might have been better to have Bennett out wide in his natural position. I don't know because I didn't see the game, but it does demonstrate that not everyone sees EB in the same totally negative light as you.

Nyambe doesnt give silly pens away. Never has, never will.
    That on Sat was trhe best performance in absolute years, vrs a very good team, who also played well and attacked us.
    No Bennett, no Williams, no Mulgrew, no Smallwood.
    A young lad played (Buckley) and played very well, and contributed.
    Bennett is fine coming on for 3 mins at the end.
    There is a reason it was our best performance in years.
    There was a reason we are in such great form since last Nov.
    There is a reason why we have gained the most points in the whole division since Nov.
    There is a reason why this side are looking so good.
    There is a reason why we are looking like we could end up in the play offs.
    There is a reason why we look just as Brentford (a team who everyone has raved abouty all season long)
    The reason isn't down to a fluke.
    A solid defence, an excellent goalkeeper. A decent midfield, and one of the most inform strikers around.
    And young lads, stepping in and playing well, and scoring goals. Or creating them.
    Bennett hasn't scored a goal in 2 and a half seasons. He rarely creates anything.
    Back when we where a mid-table side going absolutely nowhere, yes, you put Bennett in on the right and bottle playing young Buckley.
    There was a reason we where going nowhere.
    Like there is a reason we are going in the right direction now.
    Faith in young players, who are performing better than the likes of Bennett.
    And crucially, no Bennett, no Mulgrew, no Williams, no Smallwood, no Graham. None of the crap thats been holding us back so long.
    And right now, everyone is in the side on merit. Not because he did a half decent job 2 seasons ago in Div1.
    Time to get real, time to get tough, time to move on.

I couldn't care less what some idiot on the LET thinks about Bennett playing. Its irrelevant.
    Its not even a discussion point anymore. We moved past him, and all the others quite some time ago.
    You aren't disagreeing with me anymore, you are disagreeing with Mowbray. Who went this way for a reason.
    And all the talking is being done on the pitch.
    On Sat, our best performance in years, was with Bennett.
    Buckley is the future. And is performing very very well. And growing each game.
    Why stop that growth? For Elliott bennett?
    Not only is that nonsense, it also will remain this way unless we get injuries. As a club, as a team, we have moved past that now. Onto the next phase.
    Brentford are probably ****ting it now. As they won't go up automatically, and will likely face us in the play-offs, and I will tell you now, they wont want to play us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)