Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!

Thread: MCFC Cheats?

MCFC Cheats?

So UEFA have banned City for breach of financial regulations. The premier league are also investigating, as it turns out that was obvious, their owner is funding through his petrodollars a so called stadium sponsorship deal of circa 67 million per annum.

Whilst VAR is doing its best to destroy the football experience for fans, City's rise through obscene amounts of cash is arguably a greater issue. Of course money helps success but FFP does at least level the playing field a little.

And before that arse Trcky chimes in, no I don't see a comparison with Derby where according to the club, the sale and leaseback of the stadium was approved by the EFL before it was done.

I get you point a little bit but wouldn't the have FA signed off on the cost of naming the ground yet now say its disproportionate, very similar to the EFL saying our ground isn't worth 80m yet signed it off

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I get you point a little bit but wouldn't the have FA signed off on the cost of naming the ground yet now say its disproportionate, very similar to the EFL saying our ground isn't worth 80m yet signed it off
    No its different because MCFC claimed that the sponsorship of the ground was entirely by Etihad, but it now transpires that only around 10 million was, the rest is allegedly paid by the clubs owner. So its an attempt to cover up reality rather than a interpretation of the rules.