+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thir**** Games

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Gudden Jules, ennta clew wat tha sed mind !! " Wennits dark look fo stars, wenit rains look forra rainbow " thall not bi far off then !! Tutti bellő ,
    Everywhere there’s a rainbow.... Emmerdale....Corrie.... Argos App......... Footymad

Recognise the false dawn from the true.

Is this the colour of the wine we sup from now on or the colour of the glass containing just water ?

(An Brarn's poke nivva went above keeper's waist--lob my arse )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-02-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Am I the only one not surprised by Saturday's result? When you're ten points adrift of safety it's easy to play football when you're down. We'll probably lose this Saturday go ten points adrift again and win the game after.

Rare a team gets humiliated these days unless they're absolute carp like Ipswich and Rotherham have been in recent years. I'll say we'll win another 4 and go down with around the same points as we have during our previous two relegations.

Play like Saturday and it proves we can give anyone a game and i still believe Charlton and hull arnt out of the brown stuff yet,

Albeit a ball ache to get to Saturday was by far the best defensive display ive seen in months and i really do put that down to no anderson, Sollbauer is commanding the back four for a change and is getting better with each game, weather were down or we stay up it just shows do they basis right no F**king about at the back and take your chances we have the player capable its just been unfortunate that our attack has been let down by individual errors majority of the season but i certainly will be there home and away for the rest of the season to get behind the lads

UTR

Quote Originally Posted by PontyBram View Post
    Play like Saturday and it proves we can give anyone a game and i still believe Charlton and hull arnt out of the brown stuff yet,

Albeit a ball ache to get to Saturday was by far the best defensive display ive seen in months and i really do put that down to no anderson, Sollbauer is commanding the back four for a change and is getting better with each game, weather were down or we stay up it just shows do they basis right no F**king about at the back and take your chances we have the player capable its just been unfortunate that our attack has been let down by individual errors majority of the season but i certainly will be there home and away for the rest of the season to get behind the lads

UTR
    Not sure what other posts and comments you've seen Ponty but I've been banging on about Anderson being the main problem since the end of August. Two coaches have tried various things to address the problem and until now no-one has removed him from the team - so thank god it's finally happened! Sollbauer is starting to have an influence, you can see that. Again not rocket science but hopefully it'll continue to improve. My only tweak to the current 11 would be to get Dougall in (depending on the game) as I think apart from Mowatt the other two midfielders have at times being ineffective, whether that be thomas or bahre, styles etc. Fingers crossed for that revival

I think Mowatt has been playing on his own in midfield for most of the season. We've played Mcgeehan alongside him whose confidence was shot and was as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Then we tried Sibbick in there who did well for a couple of games then started to lose confidence. Halme came in and did well but made way for Ritzcracker. Dougall did get a look in but looked terrible in his appearances.

However, for the most part wingers, defenders and strikers have been shoe-horned into midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by french_frog01 View Post
    Not sure what other posts and comments you've seen Ponty but I've been banging on about Anderson being the main problem since the end of August. Two coaches have tried various things to address the problem and until now no-one has removed him from the team - so thank god it's finally happened! Sollbauer is starting to have an influence, you can see that. Again not rocket science but hopefully it'll continue to improve. My only tweak to the current 11 would be to get Dougall in (depending on the game) as I think apart from Mowatt the other two midfielders have at times being ineffective, whether that be thomas or bahre, styles etc. Fingers crossed for that revival
    Completely agree pal, both put in a good shift at the weekend one of Bahre's best performances in a reds shirt in my opinion to me hes a confidence player as he offers something others cant when hes on top form on his day his touch is very very good when hes having a good day, Thomas for me isnt quite there yet but hes a working and saturday it was effective as he pressed fulham into a a few mistakes, Big few games coming up now and they will all be up for the scrap i'd presume, our style has always suited the teams that try to play hence us getting better again teams up top of the table this teams vs around us exactly same as WBA

i Dont see what Schmitt brings to the team and why he persists id rather give marsh a bash surely he cant do any worse and weve barely seen him yet what do you think? At 0-3 saturday it was crying for Chaplin - marsh with 15 to go but beggars cant be choosers happy red on the way back Saturday after dennis's interruptions on the rail

Whose Marsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Whose Marsh?
    Aiden Marsh is a forrud in the U18 squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Aiden Marsh is a forrud in the U18 squad.
    Surprised he isn't playing already

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast