+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thir**** Games

Thir**** Games

Thir**** games to go and 17 more points needed to reach 45 pts, a possible target for 21st place and safety. That's a rough average of W1 D1 L1 every three games. The remainder of the season splits into three sections

a) THE MID TABLE CLUBS
    Games against clubs that are presently "safe" but not generally likely to be a play off contender
    Middlesboro H
    Hull A
    Reading A
    Cardiff H
    QPR A
    Millwall H
    Blackburn H

b) THE SIX POINT DOG FEYTS
    Stoke A
    Luton A
    Wigan H

c) THE TOUGH FINISH
    Leeds A
    Forest H
    Brentford A

Once the euphoria from yesterday dies down and people begin to reflect realistically I still am of the opinion that we will be relegated along with Luton and Wigan with around 40 pts.

(Why does it block t e e n ?)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Four points from every three games is a tough ask. We’re gone. I’d just like to see us keep a few more clean sheets.

I'd love us to go on a scintillating run and avoid the drop .

Yesterday's result just about gave us a bit of life , chemotherapy for want of a better expression but alas no cure .

If the lads fight till the very end and we aren't humiliated points wise then that's unfortunately for me personally where my expectations sit .

The nature of the championship always throws up results such as yesterday and they maybe a couple more too before we are finally put out of our misery .

The squad is paper thin , a couple of injuries to key players and we are fecked .

We had a good day yesterday , Rodak gifted us two goals and possibly the third , Fulham underestimated us and the conditions were a real leveller .

We are going to have to reel off a number of successive wins , possibly four just to really get in the faces of the teams just above the drop zone .

I've seen nothing this season that suggests we can put such a run together .

Fulham were the best looking lass in the club and a bit worse for wear , we got lucky , she probably wouldn't look at you twice next Saturday night .

Enjoy the memory .

Se it like a brummy " thurtyne"

I think the lads have been fighting Animal...,they just arent enough of them with Championship skill or experience. I’m thinking three more wins. No more. Second bottom.

7 wins 6 defeats draws are no good nar 28 + 21 = 49pts earsy

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I think the lads have been fighting Animal...,they just arent enough of them with Championship skill or experience. I’m thinking three more wins. No more. Second bottom.
    That's very true other than Tuesday night which blotted their copy book somewhat .

Birmingham were easily beatable , they weren't that much better than us .

A win on Tuesday night coupled with the win yesterday and then there's real belief perhaps .

We could beat Boro next Saturday too but then again we could easily gift them a couple of goals and lose the game .

Cut the hideous mistakes out and it could possibly get interesting if we can maintain the offensive side .

Cudda wudda shudda .

Our decent results have often been against the less physical teams who play football on the floor and generally have a lot of players bombing forward such as Fulham , WBA and QPR leaving themselves open to the counter attack.
    We are less successful against the Chris Morgan type thug clubs who leave their defence in shape and hoof the ball forrad in a direct style. With Boro, Hull, Cardiff and Millwall coming up our players who are "easily knocked off the ball" may struggle.
    We seem to like a "nice" game, not an "ugly" one.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Our decent results have often been against the less physical teams who play football on the floor and generally have a lot of players bombing forward such as Fulham , WBA and QPR leaving themselves open to the counter attack.
    We are less successful against the Chris Morgan type thug clubs who leave their defence in shape and hoof the ball forrad in a direct style. With Boro, Hull, Cardiff and Millwall coming up our players who are "easily knocked off the ball" may struggle.
    We seem to like a "nice" game, not an "ugly" one.
    A very good point indeed SB .

The problem for us is that there are more ugly teams in the championship than there are footballing ones .

More worldly and battle hardened pros , pros that take the yellow card before allowing someone to get past you , win cheap free kicks and can manage a game .

We are what we are because the recruitment and it's parameters define what we are .

Kids who can play if they are allowed to , the flaw is championship teams don't allow you to .

Despite the win yesterday there was a moment at 1-0 where our keeper came flapping ridiculously for a high cross, spult it, no communication with the defence and it was very fortunate we didn't concede. Those type of moments have gone against us the majority of this season, yesterday we got away with it for once but on another day it changes the momentum of the game completely

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast