+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT on Friday - title decider

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    A win would be massive for United.

A loss would have everyone on here running around with their hair on fire in total meltdown.
    Very true mate,i am more than capable of coming on here and kicking the team when they have let us down but i have been totally shocked at the stick been meted out after Alloa away.Its been as bad as some of the stuff i have read on The Dark Blues Forum when they slipped into the bottom half of the league.

Edit to add that some bookies pre season had us joint FAVS with the Dees to win the league and we are 21 TWENTY ONE points ahead of them albeit they have a game in hand.

Friday's not a title decider but a win will more or less seal it maybe not mathematically but The fans have backed the team in growing numbers at Tannadice and they really deserve a good performance and 3 points.

If we lose this, it'll start to affect the players mindset & mentality. 100%. Likewise if we win, it'll have the same effect on the ICT players.

ICT's form recently has hardly set the heather on fire....beat by Arbroath, drew with Alloa, beat off Ayr, beat off Partick.....not exactly a decent run.
    We ain't playing great but I think a dip in our performance is expected .
    If you had told me at the start of the season that we would be this far ahead...I would have taken your hand off for it!
    This game is not a title decider, if we lose then the press will turn up the heat but we should have more than enough to see us over the finish line quite comfortably.
    We are struggling with injuries but so are the other teams...we have a far bigger squad to see us over the line....the others will fall away....and teams like Arbroath and Alloa will still be taking points off teams at the top of the league.

But let's be fair here, they've got a better squad a better manager a better history lol and better financial acumen. Currently they are sh1tting themselves incase Hertz come down. The Fun 👍😁❤

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    If we lose this, it'll start to affect the players mindset & mentality. 100%. Likewise if we win, it'll have the same effect on the ICT players.

They aren't good enough to go on the required run even if this more negative scenario happened on Friday

If we win however on the flip side which is more likely if looking at it neutral without tangerine tinted specs on (we are at home, the recent head to head between the sides) , it'll be great just to stop this kind of negative mindset creeping into some fans... Seems to always be glass half full, enjoy the situation we find ourselves in as it won't happen often, We are in a brilliant position, we aren't going to stay out of form the rest of the season.

And Inverness are not good enough to pull away from the pack nevermind catch us

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    lose this and they win their 2 games in hand and oor bottle will crash, must win!!

Don't agree, hate that negative defeatist mindset.. Even if they win we are going up as league winners.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't agree, hate that negative defeatist mindset.. Even if they win we are going up as league winners.
    Although over the years we have at times been at loggerheads you are 100% correct.I am happy to see the board busy but the negativity over a draw at Alloa because our left back could not deliver a cross is way over the top.Anyone with zero knowledge of our league seeing a title decider thread would probably think there was perhaps a point or two between the teams.
    To any stranger to our league looking in tonight can i just point out that the crisis that we find ourselves in has resulted in our nearest rivals getting within 18 points of us with 2 games in hand,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Although over the years we have at times been at loggerheads you are 100% correct.I am happy to see the board busy but the negativity over a draw at Alloa because our left back could not deliver a cross is way over the top.Anyone with zero knowledge of our league seeing a title decider thread would probably think there was perhaps a point or two between the teams.
    To any stranger to our league looking in tonight can i just point out that the crisis that we find ourselves in has resulted in our nearest rivals getting within 18 points of us with 2 games in hand,FACT.
    Well said GB!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)