+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ICT on Friday - title decider

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Although over the years we have at times been at loggerheads you are 100% correct.I am happy to see the board busy but the negativity over a draw at Alloa because our left back could not deliver a cross is way over the top.Anyone with zero knowledge of our league seeing a title decider thread would probably think there was perhaps a point or two between the teams.
    To any stranger to our league looking in tonight can i just point out that the crisis that we find ourselves in has resulted in our nearest rivals getting within 18 points of us with 2 games in hand,FACT.
    It's not just about Alloa though mate. We haven't won at Tannadice in 2 months. Haven't won at all in 5 weeks. Performances are pretty dire. It's not like it's a one-off that's caused uproar. Guys are right to be pissed off at Robbie reverting to what he has done before. Square pegs, round holes. ****ing about with personnel and formations to the detriment of the team. Dropping in-form players to get his favourites in the team. He and the team deserve criticism at this moment in time because the players are also under performing. Luckily we have points in the bag or this post Christmas slump could've been a hell of a lot more costly than it is proving to be right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    They aren't good enough to go on the required run even if this more negative scenario happened on Friday

If we win however on the flip side which is more likely if looking at it neutral without tangerine tinted specs on (we are at home, the recent head to head between the sides) , it'll be great just to stop this kind of negative mindset creeping into some fans... Seems to always be glass half full, enjoy the situation we find ourselves in as it won't happen often, We are in a brilliant position, we aren't going to stay out of form the rest of the season.

And Inverness are not good enough to pull away from the pack nevermind catch us
    There's always going to be a 'negative mindset' when your team is playing **** and out of form. Not everyone goes about thinking everything is rosy & positive like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    ICT are live on Alba at 4pm if you want to check them out.

Our first win since January 11th would be appreciated.
    They were stinking against a Newco young mob. We need to attack them from the start and a few goals are there.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's not just about Alloa though mate. We haven't won at Tannadice in 2 months. Haven't won at all in 5 weeks. Performances are pretty dire. It's not like it's a one-off that's caused uproar. Guys are right to be pissed off at Robbie reverting to what he has done before. Square pegs, round holes. ****ing about with personnel and formations to the detriment of the team. Dropping in-form players to get his favourites in the team. He and the team deserve criticism at this moment in time because the players are also under performing. Luckily we have points in the bag or this post Christmas slump could've been a hell of a lot more costly than it is proving to be right now.
    That is not true,in the last 2 months at Tannadice we have......

Beaten Ayr United 4-0 (21st of December)
    Drew with Dundee 1-1(27th of December)
    Drew with Hibs after winning away to QOTS and Partick(19th of January)
    Drew with Morton 1-1(25th of January)
    Lost to Arbroath 0-1 (1st of February)

Its hardly an FN crisis is it?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That is not true,in the last 2 months at Tannadice we have......

Beaten Ayr United 4-0 (21st of December)
    Drew with Dundee 1-1(27th of December)
    Drew with Hibs after winning away to QOTS and Partick(19th of January)
    Drew with Morton 1-1(25th of January)
    Lost to Arbroath 0-1 (1st of February)

Its hardly an FN crisis is it?.
    What?

We haven't won at Tannadice since 21st Dec. Come next Friday that's 2 months. We haven't won a game whatsoever since 11th January, five weeks ago.

What part of what I've said isn't true?

What?

We haven't won at Tannadice since 21st Dec. Come next Friday that's 2 months. We haven't won a game whatsoever since 11th January, five weeks ago.

What part of what I've said isn't true?
    So it is not actually true that we have not won at home in two months is it? and since that win we have only actually played 3 league games and lost one of them.As i have said its hardly a crisis is it?.Bear in mind we got a Premiership team in the cup who in my opinion we were competitive against over 180 minutes.
    How much do you think i should put on ICT to win the league mate?,They are 20/1 and we are 1/100 ON.

Folk seem to be worried that ICT are going to go on some sort of mega run which will continue to the end of the season. The reality of the last 5 league games is this:

DUFC: WWDLD
    ICT: WLWLD

Yes, our current form is better than theirs.

There's always going to be a 'negative mindset' when your team is playing **** and out of form. Not everyone goes about thinking everything is rosy & positive like yourself.

That's not a true reflection of me, I'm balanced, but I can see how good a season this is and recent average form doesn't change it one iota

You will have a negative defeatist mindset if you are that way, and that's what some have portrayed here, fearing ict irrationally , have you saw their results???

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's not a true reflection of me, I'm balanced, but I can see how good a season this is and recent average form doesn't change it one iota

You will have a negative defeatist mindset if you are that way, and that's what some have portrayed here, fearing ict irrationally , have you saw their results???
    If you are as balanced as you think you are, how can the king of stats on here not see that, for more years than i care to remember, that we have gone on a January slump that has at times been damaging. Add to that, ICT in their time doon here, can put together a run that ensures they make the playoffs.

Ive said it before recently that we still have 2 games v ICT and they might have 2 games in hand, which if they win all of them, its a 6 point gap!

Alot of guys are seriously hacked off, and considering if we had attained the missing 9 points, we could have had the cigars out and cantered to the end of the quarter as winners!

Fridays not a title decider but if we dont lose then nae chance for ict if we do lose its possible but highly unlikely we dont win the league.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)