+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Semple

Semple

Should the management explain to the fans, why the manager refuses to play him?

I would guess so

No, the management should stop farting in the wind and start introducing a bit of passion into the games.

Get Semple and anyone else with a bit of go about them on the park, and the manager should start looking like he wants to win a game.

Get animated son for God's sake!

Sorry to press this point, - but what I'm looking for Alan, - (and I think many of the rest of the Queens fans too)is a bit of the Duncan Fergusson passion. We're sick to death of looking to the bench with 20 - 25 minutes to go and seeing absolutely nothing but a manager and a second in charge wishing the game was over so they could go home! I'd like to see some real direction, - players being instructed about who to mark, - subs being warmed up constantly from half time, encouragement being given when required and threats of a kick up the backside if needed also. But most of all, I'd like to see the manager willing his players on to win.....I've honestly seen more animation from coaches at a chess tournament!

Come on sir, - its surely not too much to ask that you give your all?

We are now in deep trouble, and there is no point in calmly standing on the touchline while your team implodes all around you, get a grip and let all your players know that if they're not willing to give 100% for the cause then you'll find someone who will.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sorry to press this point, - but what I'm looking for Alan, - (and I think many of the rest of the Queens fans too)is a bit of the Duncan Fergusson passion. We're sick to death of looking to the bench with 20 - 25 minutes to go and seeing absolutely nothing but a manager and a second in charge wishing the game was over so they could go home! I'd like to see some real direction, - players being instructed about who to mark, - subs being warmed up constantly from half time, encouragement being given when required and threats of a kick up the backside if needed also. But most of all, I'd like to see the manager willing his players on to win.....I've honestly seen more animation from coaches at a chess tournament!

Come on sir, - its surely not too much to ask that you give your all?

We are now in deep trouble, and there is no point in calmly standing on the touchline while your team implodes all around you, get a grip and let all your players know that if they're not willing to give 100% for the cause then you'll find someone who will.
    You could not have said that any better, that is what queens fans want and to be honest deserve

Semple doesn’t play because he’s lost any pace he had previously apparently. Personally think the man management of Semps by the manager is terrible. Being treated the way he has been is the last thing the lad needs after all his troubles.

It's not so much passion but a simple ability to play your strongest squad.

Every week it's a different line up. That won't help.

No fans can make sense why he won't start Semple and Hamilton the former can't be any worse at the back.

You have to have some sympathy with the fact we lost a top quality keeper and he's been dogged with injuries and a tiny squad. Couldn't even make up a subs bench on one game! That's not Johnstons fault

Deek don't get me started! At our last home game against Dunfermline we were sitting at 2-2 with 25 minutes to go and he didn't put on Semple and Ross Irvine and we lost the game 3-2. Even after going down, - he didn't put on the subs!

That's not acceptable and that is Johnston's fault....its certainly not the BOD's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Deek don't get me started! At our last home game against Dunfermline we were sitting at 2-2 with 25 minutes to go and he didn't put on Semple and Ross Irvine and we lost the game 3-2. Even after going down, - he didn't put on the subs!

That's not acceptable and that is Johnston's fault....its certainly not the BOD's fault!
    I agree AJ's tactics have cost us a number of games recently but the bigger picture is the same old trend of: low budget - small squad - struggle - sack manager - repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I agree AJ's tactics have cost us a number of games recently but the bigger picture is the same old trend of: low budget - small squad - struggle - sack manager - repeat.
    The last few seasons have seen a definite pattern as you say. Let's not forget that without outside funding ( Arena pitches and rental space) we would almost certainly be part time. No easy answer to cut costs either because part time football would mean playing at a lower level that doesnt receive anything like the money we get for being a Championship club. There would be lower attendances and interest in League 1, the age old problem of getting part time players to training after work ( travel expenses, time off work ) organised in an area 80 miles from Dumfries where we still draw most of our player pool from. I could go on but fear I'm depressing myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)