+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Semple

Deek, - please don't get me wrong, -it must have been hellish to have been dealt the huge blows of losing El Bak, McCrorie and Brownlie, - but that's football (and life) and you simply can't wallow in your own grief, - you've got to do something about it.

Our manager, - whoever that is, knows what challenges he faces and there is no point in being stubborn by refusing to play substitutes (in the case of the Dunfermline match) just to make a point. The only point he made was that he was being belligerent and potentially insubordinate, as well as disrespectful to the fans.

No-one said it's easy being the manager, - and we will never know (for sure) if putting on subs would have made a difference, but the old adage of "you never know unless you try" holds true.

There are two choices, - the management and players can ring their hands and say "look at poor us," - or they can do what Alloa and Arbroath are doing, and say "**** this for a game of soldiers, - let's get the finger out and give it our all."

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Deek, - please don't get me wrong, -it must have been hellish to have been dealt the huge blows of losing El Bak, McCrorie and Brownlie, - but that's football (and life) and you simply can't wallow in your own grief, - you've got to do something about it.

Our manager, - whoever that is, knows what challenges he faces and there is no point in being stubborn by refusing to play substitutes (in the case of the Dunfermline match) just to make a point. The only point he made was that he was being belligerent and potentially insubordinate, as well as disrespectful to the fans.

No-one said it's easy being the manager, - and we will never know (for sure) if putting on subs would have made a difference, but the old adage of "you never know unless you try" holds true.

There are two choices, - the management and players can ring their hands and say "look at poor us," - or they can do what Alloa and Arbroath are doing, and say "**** this for a game of soldiers, - let's get the finger out and give it our all."

jardi sometimes i dont think the majority of our current playing staff have it in them to run there guts out for this club ,and yes your right about johnston i dont think he has the players under his thumb here enough to ecourage them to do it ,we need an old school manager coaching these mollycoddled nancy boys we have playing howadays .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The last few seasons have seen a definite pattern as you say. Let's not forget that without outside funding ( Arena pitches and rental space) we would almost certainly be part time. No easy answer to cut costs either because part time football would mean playing at a lower level that doesnt receive anything like the money we get for being a Championship club. There would be lower attendances and interest in League 1, the age old problem of getting part time players to training after work ( travel expenses, time off work ) organised in an area 80 miles from Dumfries where we still draw most of our player pool from. I could go on but fear I'm depressing myself.

Part time football isn't a option. If we go down this route we might as well give up.

For years it's been said we needed outside funding. We finally have this and very successful but unfortunately this hasn't improved us on the footballing side.

The accounts won't read well next season either as we've had poor cup run and attendances down.

It's clear we have a sleeping fan base. Imo Pumping in some extra investment might just win them back and then offset any extra funding matched with a few extra cup games.

If you look where we used to finish in the league table when part time, it was a lot higher than the recent years a averages and I would say the quality opposition was probably better?

There are only so many managers you can sack before questions need to be asked and that imo is it's time for the chairman to stand down.

If Queens remain in the Championship they are forever struggling between mid table and relegation with ever decreasing attendances, however if they go down into League One aka Seaside League they should be challenging for promotion and hopefully higher attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    If Queens remain in the Championship they are forever struggling between mid table and relegation with ever decreasing attendances, however if they go down into League One aka Seaside League they should be challenging for promotion and hopefully higher attendances.

or the otherside albertz where the money men at the club invest out there own pockets to get us a better team and promoted from this league which will see us in profit even if we are struggling for relegation every season in the prem ,its no brainer .if thay aint got the money to push us forward then go simple as that and see who comes in to replace them .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 18-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Regarding their lack of info on injuries, does anyone know what injury Mercer has?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    or the otherside albertz where the money men at the club invest out there own pockets to get us a better team and promoted from this league which will see us in profit even if we are struggling for relegation every season in the prem ,its no brainer .if thay aint got the money to push us forward then go simple as that and see who comes in to replace them .
    The money men will put thousands of pounds of their own money into Queens each year unlike yourself.
    I’ve still to see a list of anyone wanting to take over despite all these rumours that are completely untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    Regarding their lack of info on injuries, does anyone know what injury Mercer has?
    Shoulder injury was it not. Possibly back this weekend.

So why again was Semple not worthy of a start previously? I know we lost but he didn't put a foot wrong today.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    So why again was Semple not worthy of a start previously? I know we lost but he didn't put a foot wrong today.
    He was our best player today and that was not an easy thing to accomplish given he hasnt been in the first team recently. Well done Calum and you deserve a run of games now to either put yourself in the shop window or preferably to stay here and play in the Championship with Queens next season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)