+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism & Sectarianism What is the difference?

Racism & Sectarianism What is the difference?

It appears the difference is that when one Killie fan racially abuses a scum player there will be an investigation.

However when 2500 are clearly heard singing in support of a terrorist organisation then it will be conveniently ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    It appears the difference is that when one Killie fan racially abuses a scum player there will be an investigation.

However when 2500 are clearly heard singing in support of a terrorist organisation then it will be conveniently ignored.
    I just wondered how amazing it was that Morelos , who cannot be interviewed in English , was able to pick out sone persons specific abuse in English , from a shouty crowd, that was aimed at him . And understand English enough to translate the shouty Ayrshire accent into " Columbian " enough to realise he was being racially aboused ?

Oh aye though. Bigots in SFA canna hear sectarianism. But rest assured they`ll deal with this in exactly the sane & sensibly fair way they helped Shay Logan when he " allegedly " was abused by the tinks ?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post

There is a massive difference between someone being abused because of the colour of their skin (which probably didn't happen at Kilmarnock anyway) and a crowd singing in support of "a terrorist organisation..." It's quite easy to spot the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    There is a massive difference between someone being abused because of the colour of their skin (which probably didn't happen at Kilmarnock anyway) and a crowd singing in support of "a terrorist organisation..." It's quite easy to spot the difference.
    In this era of equality for all regardless of race, sectarianism, disability etc. the point I was highlighting is the blind eye and ear used by Scottish football's corrupt authorities when it comes to sectarianism.

No matter how distasteful the songs supporting unsavoury organisations may be, I can’t see, as deedon implies, that singing such songs is ‘sectarian’ ie disadvantaging anyone’s creed or beliefs, unless such songs contain insults as described.

Us chanting ‘Wilson’s a d***ie’ in the 1970s was discriminatory, as was referring to a hunger striker as a ‘dirty F****n f****r’ in the early 80s. Tonev calling Shay a ‘black c**t’, and the Stinkies’ subsequent abuse of him for bravely calling it out is also discriminatory. Hearts fans, en masse, in the Beach End in 1986 abusing a black Aberdeen fan because of his skin colour was appallingly racist, their hun-copying chants in favour of a paramilitary organisation weren’t.

I don’t agree with the content of pro- paramilitary songs, but they’re not, to my knowledge any more discriminatory than the dirge Flower of Scotland, or the huns’ Last Night of the Proms songbook. The ****s.

It’s not a blind eye.
    It’s not condoned, it’s encouraged.
    Remember, we have a Catholic end and a Protestant end at our national stadium

I'm struggling to see what's racist about this.
    It could well be true, in which case it's just descriptive.

Was it ageist as well or was it really only the young players that were behaving like a'rseholes?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It’s not a blind eye.
    It’s not condoned, it’s encouraged.
    Remember, we have a Catholic end and a Protestant end at our national stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'm struggling to see what's racist about this.
    It could well be true, in which case it's just descriptive.

Was it ageist as well or was it really only the young players that were behaving like a'rseholes?

Not much funny with that.

Folk want to find racism everywhere, causing most people to feel restricted and causing the sort of right wing reaction that we're seeing everywhere just now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast