+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Udders

v Udders

It's now 2pm on Sunday afternoon and still no thread for the Terriers match???
    Presumably, this lack of interest indicates that we have finally given up on any faint hope of the play-offs, this coupled with what was largely a drab game means that no one can be arsed to start things off!
    Oh well, soon be the summer!!

"largely a drab game means that no one can be arsed to start things off!"

Yep, I think the reaction is comparable with the performance to be fair!

Bogle, folks rate him at 10m or even over yet hardly ever beats his man for a cross, ALWAYS goes around the outside and never inside and so predictable, poor at defending crosses, he's no more than an average run of the mill championship player, burnley were supposedly interested based on the handful of decent games he's had and maybe just maybe what a deluded few write about him but they probably sent a scout to watch him and confirmed we were deluded

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Bogle, folks rate him at 10m or even over yet hardly ever beats his man for a cross, ALWAYS goes around the outside and never inside and so predictable, poor at defending crosses, he's no more than an average run of the mill championship player, burnley were supposedly interested based on the handful of decent games he's had and maybe just maybe what a deluded few write about him but they probably sent a scout to watch him and confirmed we were deluded
    Suspect it might be a case of ‘second season syndrome’. Deserved all the plaudits he received last season imo...but had an indifferent season this time round.
    Not uncommon...seem to remember Craig Bryson and Cyrus Christie being much the same. If a big offer comes in I think we should take it. If not he might be back to his best next season.
    Reckon he’s more suited to playing wide right in a 3-4-3 than RB in a back four anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Went outside a lot last season and so it was no surprise he had the most assists then. This season he hardly ever goes outside, almost always cuting inside. He ought to cut out more crosses than he does but, like Lowe, defends miles inside, as directed by the Manager, which, quite naturally gives a wide player a lot of time to get a cross in. When they are with their man and facing him, both Lowe and Bogle cut out a lot of the crossing attampts. I agree they need to come less far inside and stop more crosses coming in than they currently are.

I hadn't put up a match thread yet as I have been busy for once.........

Not as good a performance as others of late. I thought we played as well as they allowed us to allied to our return to a lack of movement off the ball.

They pressed early forcing the back 5 to play keep ball because there was no outlet due to insufficient movement of team mates ahead of them into decent positions to receive the ball.

Stats show 57% possession to us which surprised me. 10 shots each. We had 7 on target to their 3. I think they were worthy of a draw overall.

Ref not much cop IMO. Shinnie's card was harsh. I thought Waggy got one as well which wasn't justified but can't see it in the stats anywhere. They were right peeved when they didn't get a penalty late on for a challenge. Ref got that one right IMO. It was far less of a penalty than Martin's claim when he was wrestled to the floor by 2 opponents. Ref got that one completely wrong.

Cracking goal from Lawro.

It seems we solve a problem and create a new one (or recreate an old one). Back 4 looked more solid but the creativity diminished. Not a great spectacle and we will need to be more resolute in defence and more creative going forward against a Fulham side which will be out to prove that their defeat to Barnsley was no more than a hiccough.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Went outside a lot last season and so it was no surprise he had the most assists then. This season he hardly ever goes outside, almost always cuting inside. He ought to cut out more crosses than he does but, like Lowe, defends miles inside, as directed by the Manager, which, quite naturally gives a wide player a lot of time to get a cross in. When they are with their man and facing him, both Lowe and Bogle cut out a lot of the crossing attampts. I agree they need to come less far inside and stop more crosses coming in than they currently are.

I hadn't put up a match thread yet as I have been busy for once.........

Not as good a performance as others of late. I thought we played as well as they allowed us to allied to our return to a lack of movement off the ball.

They pressed early forcing the back 5 to play keep ball because there was no outlet due to insufficient movement of team mates ahead of them into decent positions to receive the ball.

Stats show 57% possession to us which surprised me. 10 shots each. We had 7 on target to their 3. I think they were worthy of a draw overall.

Ref not much cop IMO. Shinnie's card was harsh. I thought Waggy got one as well which wasn't justified but can't see it in the stats anywhere. They were right peeved when they didn't get a penalty late on for a challenge. Ref got that one right IMO. It was far less of a penalty than Martin's claim when he was wrestled to the floor by 2 opponents. Ref got that one completely wrong.

Cracking goal from Lawro.

It seems we solve a problem and create a new one (or recreate an old one). Back 4 looked more solid but the creativity diminished. Not a great spectacle and we will need to be more resolute in defence and more creative going forward against a Fulham side which will be out to prove that their defeat to Barnsley was no more than a hiccough.
    Three hiccoughs in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Three hiccoughs in fact.
    Quite amazing change in fortune for their keeper really Gunter. 3 howlers against Barnsley and then a top class performance against us making a string of excellent saves.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)