+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Matej Vydra

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Matej Vydra

    It has just struck me that is almost a perfect anagram for Jamie Vardy and he certainly took his goal against the Saints in the manner of a top marksman. Real credit to him because he has stuck at it on very limited opportunities and not whinged when he didnít get a move in the January transfer window. Didnít Leeds want him for a bargain 7.5 million? Hope he gets some more game time now. He has earned it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Real credit to him because he has stuck at it on very limited opportunities and not whinged when he didnít get a move in the January transfer window. Didnít Leeds want him for a bargain 7.5 million?
    The muppets were saying after the game on BTSport that a January move to Rangers had fallen through. First I'd heard of it, but not surprising, Sean runs a fairly tight ship, not much does get out.

  3. #3
    A long raking pass from Hendrick was taken in fine fashion on the chest, Vydra spun past to Saints defender's lunges with two super touches and then rifled a high velocity shot into the top corner.

    That's how us travelling Clarets fans saw the goal. It seemed to take a second or two for it to actually register and then all hell broke loose.

    My lad who does not waste his words said, "What else can you expect from a Czech Republic international centre forward?" On the evidence of that goal, not much really. It really was a stunning goal!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A long raking pass from Hendrick was taken in fine fashion on the chest, Vydra spun past to Saints defender's lunges with two super touches and then rifled a high velocity shot into the top corner.

    My lad who does not waste his words said, "What else can you expect from a Czech Republic international centre forward?" On the evidence of that goal, not much really. It really was a stunning goal!
    tbs -was a fine goal...they dont come much better - and he made it look easy.....as said Bt - well controlled - sweet little touch to take it away from the defender - but just enough to tee it up for the shot - finished with accuracy and power...worthy of the best of them - hope there's more like it to come !


  5. #5
    I was really impressed with the strike Norder and my son was still in raptures past midnight on Saturday!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    hope there's more like it to come !

    So do I Norder, but to score more like it he'll have to be on the field, and that he will be is not a given by any means.

  7. #7
    When he came on for Wood, I said to my son "Vydra's gonna score today". More in hope than expectation I think. But, blimey what a wonderful goal that was. A beaut.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So do I Norder, but to score more like it he'll have to be on the field, and that he will be is not a given by any means.
    depending on the severity of Woods Hamstring injury - Sinkov...he could be out for a few weeks to a few months - pehaps meaning, more of Vydra.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    depending on the severity of Woods Hamstring injury - Sinkov...he could be out for a few weeks to a few months - pehaps meaning, more of Vydra.
    Ashley is back soon norder, and Sean is not one for changing the pecking order. I'd like to see more of Vydra, but I won't be holding my breath.

  10. #10
    Trying to keep all members of a 25 man squad must be awfully difficult. Fair do's to Vydra and big BOOS to mard arse Gibson.

    How can SD possibly split Mee & Tarkowski? They are both seemingly impervious to injury and suspension and without any doubt whatsoever are the best ENGLISH pairing of centre backs in the EPL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •