+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matej Vydra

There doesn't seem to be many Madeley's around now.He was a good player for Leeds who could fill in at any position.Hendrick has been frequently criticised so why not try a squad player in his position in training and see how he gets on.Surely if you are an EPL standard footballer you should be capable of a little adaptability.If your preferred position is central defence but the club has two consistent performers in those positions could you do a job,say,as a defensive midfield player.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The muppets were saying after the game on BTSport that a January move to Rangers had fallen through. First I'd heard of it, but not surprising, Sean runs a fairly tight ship, not much does get out.
    It had been reported All over the Media ,

No disrespect , but a British player would not be capable of scoring a goal like that.Vydra knew what he was going to do BEFORE the ball reached him. He was fully aware that there were two defenders right behind him.However, he had the confidence and ability to chest it in the direction he wanted ,plus the skill to power a left foot shot ,as the ball was going away from him ,after he stole a yard to make the space. Continental players appear to have this ability with the ball, that’s drilled into them from an early age. Sadly, in this country, the emphasis seems to be elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    No disrespect , but a British player would not be capable of scoring a goal like that.Vydra knew what he was going to do BEFORE the ball reached him. He was fully aware that there were two defenders right behind him.However, he had the confidence and ability to chest it in the direction he wanted ,plus the skill to power a left foot shot ,as the ball was going away from him ,after he stole a yard to make the space. Continental players appear to have this ability with the ball, that’s drilled into them from an early age. Sadly, in this country, the emphasis seems to be elsewhere.
    If the ball had not been delivered, by a British player, in exactly the area where Vydra requested it ---the rest would have been totally irrelevant! Great goal assisted by a tremendous pass from Jeff Hendrick, who gets credit for almost nothing from many Burnley watchers ----(I hesitate to call them fans because they are too critical of a player who they do not consider good enough)

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    It had been reported All over the Media ,
    But not in any of the media I read or listened to. Not sure it was mentioned on here either, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    If the ball had not been delivered, by a British player, in exactly the area where Vydra requested it ---the rest would have been totally irrelevant! Great goal assisted by a tremendous pass from Jeff Hendrick, who gets credit for almost nothing from many Burnley watchers ----(I hesitate to call them fans because they are too critical of a player who they do not consider good enough)
    Agree with you on the Hendrick comment Supersub6, Hendrick has evolved into a top class EPL player. Good on the ball, very athletic, breaks up play well and can pick the killer pass. We need to keep him.

One swallow does not make a summer comes to mind when discussing Vydra. Needs to show a lot more in general play, but OMG what a goal that was! Mind you, we have waited 17 months for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Not guilty guv, this is what I posted Sunday lunchtime in the 'Outstanding' thread. Firm but fair me, just like big Jim Holton used to be.

"I think Hendrick also deserves a bit of credit for the wonder goal, his pass picking out Vydra wasn't too shabby either, Vydra pointed to where he wanted the ball and Hendrick, from thirty yards, dropped it on a sixpence for him. Good lad."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not guilty guv, this is what I posted Sunday lunchtime in the 'Outstanding' thread. Firm but fair me, just like big Jim Holton used to be.

"I think Hendrick also deserves a bit of credit for the wonder goal, his pass picking out Vydra wasn't too shabby either, Vydra pointed to where he wanted the ball and Hendrick, from thirty yards, dropped it on a sixpence for him. Good lad."
    sinkov --from a fellow Old Accringtonian, I have to say that your accreditation was very succinctly put sir!

You two are proper creepy!

I must protest at this unremitting praise - Hendick was too slow by heaps in his delivery....thus causing Vydra to cease his advance, as was by "his" swift thinking alone that heralded success to that - oh so loosly wafted portage !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)