+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matej Vydra

Matej Vydra

It has just struck me that is almost a perfect anagram for Jamie Vardy and he certainly took his goal against the Saints in the manner of a top marksman. Real credit to him because he has stuck at it on very limited opportunities and not whinged when he didn’t get a move in the January transfer window. Didn’t Leeds want him for a bargain 7.5 million? Hope he gets some more game time now. He has earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Real credit to him because he has stuck at it on very limited opportunities and not whinged when he didn’t get a move in the January transfer window. Didn’t Leeds want him for a bargain 7.5 million?
    The muppets were saying after the game on BTSport that a January move to Rangers had fallen through. First I'd heard of it, but not surprising, Sean runs a fairly tight ship, not much does get out.

A long raking pass from Hendrick was taken in fine fashion on the chest, Vydra spun past to Saints defender's lunges with two super touches and then rifled a high velocity shot into the top corner.

That's how us travelling Clarets fans saw the goal. It seemed to take a second or two for it to actually register and then all hell broke loose.

My lad who does not waste his words said, "What else can you expect from a Czech Republic international centre forward?" On the evidence of that goal, not much really. It really was a stunning goal!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A long raking pass from Hendrick was taken in fine fashion on the chest, Vydra spun past to Saints defender's lunges with two super touches and then rifled a high velocity shot into the top corner.

My lad who does not waste his words said, "What else can you expect from a Czech Republic international centre forward?" On the evidence of that goal, not much really. It really was a stunning goal!
    tbs -was a fine goal...they dont come much better - and he made it look easy.....as said Bt - well controlled - sweet little touch to take it away from the defender - but just enough to tee it up for the shot - finished with accuracy and power...worthy of the best of them - hope there's more like it to come !

I was really impressed with the strike Norder and my son was still in raptures past midnight on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    hope there's more like it to come !

So do I Norder, but to score more like it he'll have to be on the field, and that he will be is not a given by any means.

When he came on for Wood, I said to my son "Vydra's gonna score today". More in hope than expectation I think. But, blimey what a wonderful goal that was. A beaut.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So do I Norder, but to score more like it he'll have to be on the field, and that he will be is not a given by any means.
    depending on the severity of Woods Hamstring injury - Sinkov...he could be out for a few weeks to a few months - pehaps meaning, more of Vydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    depending on the severity of Woods Hamstring injury - Sinkov...he could be out for a few weeks to a few months - pehaps meaning, more of Vydra.
    Ashley is back soon norder, and Sean is not one for changing the pecking order. I'd like to see more of Vydra, but I won't be holding my breath.

Trying to keep all members of a 25 man squad must be awfully difficult. Fair do's to Vydra and big BOOS to mard arse Gibson.

How can SD possibly split Mee & Tarkowski? They are both seemingly impervious to injury and suspension and without any doubt whatsoever are the best ENGLISH pairing of centre backs in the EPL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)