+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team for Hartlepool

Team for Hartlepool

Given our injuries, it looks like Ardley will have a real dilemma for this match.
    Our strength is our front 4. Usually, he might be tempted to play an extra midfielder in a game like this. Playing 3 of Rose, Doyle, O'Brien and Crawford would put us on the defensive and I don't think our defence right now can absorb the pressure. With an easier game coming up in midweek, I think this one is well worth a throw of the dice for the 3 pts, instead of playing for 1pt, go 4-2-4 and hope that Roberts-Wootton-Dennis and Boldewijn can win it for us.

I'd be tempted to play McDonnell in goal and 10 Callum Robertses in front of him. Just an idea though. I could be way off.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd be tempted to play McDonnell in goal and 10 Callum Robertses in front of him. Just an idea though. I could be way off.
    You are probably way off, but I would love to see how that worked out!

I'll go for Hartlepool 15-16 Notts (Roberts 16)

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Given our injuries, it looks like Ardley will have a real dilemma for this match.
    Our strength is our front 4. Usually, he might be tempted to play an extra midfielder in a game like this. Playing 3 of Rose, Doyle, O'Brien and Crawford would put us on the defensive and I don't think our defence right now can absorb the pressure. With an easier game coming up in midweek, I think this one is well worth a throw of the dice for the 3 pts, instead of playing for 1pt, go 4-2-4 and hope that Roberts-Wootton-Dennis and Boldewijn can win it for us.
    Given our away record against teams in the bottom four, Hartlepool may be the more winnable game - especially as they like to get the ball down, too. I imagine that Doyle will return at the expense of JOB, even if the latter is more creative than Rose.

Does anyone know how long Lacey will be out for?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Given our away record against teams in the bottom four, Hartlepool may be the more winnable game - especially as they like to get the ball down, too. I imagine that Doyle will return at the expense of JOB, even if the latter is more creative than Rose.

Does anyone know how long Lacey will be out for?
    JOB will not be dropped. DKE will will be dropped to accommodate Rose ....Ardley will not drop his favourites...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    JOB will not be dropped. DKE will will be dropped to accommodate Rose ....Ardley will not drop his favourites...
    I can't see Rose being moved back to RB unless it's an emergency.
    Brindley seems to have had a disappointing few months, DKE could get the pick at RB.

I'm interested in when we might see Bagan for the first time. I doubt it will be in a tough game like away at Hartlepool

He will drop Dennis for Doyle. Sadly. Let's see how many games before he realises that the trio of O'Brien, Rose and Doyle that failed at the end of last season won't work this season either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_M View Post
    He will drop Dennis for Doyle. Sadly. Let's see how many games before he realises that the trio of O'Brien, Rose and Doyle that failed at the end of last season won't work this season either.
    I think the same.

Switch DKE to right back in place of Brindley bring in Bagan at left back Doyle will come in i'd leave out Dennis and play JOB further forward and although Bird had a good game against Woking if Lacey is fit he has to start

We can't drop Enzio or Roberts which means we have to play 4-4-2 (PLEASE!). Ardley will defo go back to a 4-3-3 now though, so he can fit in old man Doyle. If he does this and Lacey is back fit, the team will look like this.

4-3-3

McDonnell
    Brindley Rawlinson Lacey Kelly-Evans
    O'Brien Rose Doyle
    Roberts Wooton Enzio

OR

4-4-2
    McDonnell
    Brindley Rawlinson Lacey Kelly-Evans
    Roberts O'Brien Doyle Enzio
    Wooton Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast