+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking good lads

Looking good lads

Burnley playing well and looking lie we might avoid the drop again and Rovers pushing on with their play off challenge.Could we be meeting again next season? Prefer to see you up and Leeds miss out if possible..

I think it's highly unlikely, Alf. I suspect Leeds and WBA might be through their bad runs now, and that probably leaves only one spot.
    As things stand, it could just as easily be us as any of the 10 or 12 contenders, but we are on a knife-edge with injuries, and football does have a habit of turning round to bite you if you get too optimistic.
    I'm still shaking my head at the Fulham-Barnsley result.
    As for Burnley, you always seem to pull out the results when it matters, and that is what a period of PL survival does for you. If we came up, it would be a massive struggle for us to survive without huge investment.
    The parachute money would be very handy, though!
    I watched the Norwich-Liverpool game, and Norwich actually looked pretty decent, but it seems almost certain now that they will come straight back down. It's very tough up there.
    Congratulations! What about a European spot now?

We have to play most of the sides up there.. if we make the play offs, we will have earned it..!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Burnley playing well and looking lie we might avoid the drop again and Rovers pushing on with their play off challenge.Could we be meeting again next season? Prefer to see you up and Leeds miss out if possible..
    I thought that was a cracking result on Sat vrs a decent side. You are going to end up midtable again, which is a real achievement in itself. You are sailing along nicely, not spending silly money and collecting the riches on offer. Fair play to you. A shining light for others to follow, namely us. I commend your board for sticking by Dyche during a tough time when the fashion these days is to simply press the button and fire him. Much the same as our much maligned owners. They do need commanding how they have conducted themselves over Mowbray. There was a time earlier this season, they could've easily got panicked into making a change. But crucially didnt. In this day and age, that's a good thing.

I've lost touch with Mike Wynn Jones (Delia Smith's husband) since we moved to NZ, but I bet he's devastated. They are very rich, but - at heart - he is just a genuine Norwich fan. It's a bit like the situation with Jack Walker, really.
    I don't think there's very much between the nine teams below you, Alf, but I think the clubs who have survived a season or two in the PL often have that edge over the newly-promoted. What happened with Fulham was typical.
    As for Dyche, he's got that grit and nous which he also seems to instill in the players.
    Serious question: do you think his particular managerial qualities would transfer well to one of the traditional top-six clubs?

What do you guys think of VaR after Burnleys VAR episode on Saturday? I Phookin háte it and would love to see it quashed .. It's ruining the game..Looks like it's here to stay though..

Anyway a good point at Brentford for you lads although it could have been thre..Onwards and upwards now for both teams .

I'm not sure, Alf.
    Despite the snags, the technology has definitely improved rugby and cricket.
    With football, the margins can be so tiny, the changed decisions often seem arbitrary.
    Perhaps it can be modified, so that it becomes less contentious.
    Its main positive is that players should not be able to get away with diving so often. It would certainly have overturned Brentford's second goal - if used properly.
    It's the "toenail" off-sides that are difficult to accept!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)