+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vydra Kicks Up A Stormer

Vydra Kicks Up A Stormer

Matej Vydra has waited patiently to hit the media headlines during his time with Burnley. He managed it yesterday. - External Link

Vydra wins it!

" I have never understood why it has become necessary to attach names to weather phenomena; any explanation would be gratefully accepted."

It's to raise awareness of any and every bad weather event we have, make it stick in the mind. It helps to educate the public that if we don't alter our ways quickly, cease using coal, gas, diesel and petrol, we'll destroy the planet and we'll all come to a sticky end very soon. Storm Dennis, or whatever, sounds so much more memorable than 'gale force winds and a lot of rain', it's just another weapon in the Green movement's propaganda war.

"There was some subsequent on-line criticism of Ings for celebrating his goal against his former club."

I can only think some fans need to give their head a wobble and find something worthwhile to whinge about. Ings is long gone from Burnley, I don't give a FF what he does when/if he scores against us, he can do an Apache War Dance or drop his keks and show his arse, who fecking cares.

" It was a marginal decision, and probably the correct one, but had it occurred at the other end, Burnley fans would have been incandescent with indignation."

Not for me, it hit Mee on his arm which was by his side, his arm movement was away from the ball, there was clearly no intent on Mee's part and no time for him to get his arm out of the way. It was as clear a no-pen as you're ever likely to see imo, 100% never a penalty. And if it had been at the other end I would say the same, refs giving ludicrous handball pens has been a bee in my bonnet for years, if you get a penalty, and likely as not a goal for something like that, you might as well pack the game up, it's not worth playing imo, so I was pleased the ref and VAR got it right, and I would have said exactly the same if it had been a Saints defender at the other end.
    Last edited by sinkov; 16-02-2020 at 07:44 PM.

X2

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    " I have never understood why it has become necessary to attach names to weather phenomena; any explanation would be gratefully accepted."

It's to raise awareness of any and every bad weather event we have, make it stick in the mind. It helps to educate the public that if we don't alter our ways quickly, cease using coal, gas, diesel and petrol, we'll destroy the planet and we'll all come to a sticky end very soon. Storm Dennis, or whatever, sounds so much more memorable than 'gale force winds and a lot of rain', it's just another weapon in the Green movement's propaganda war.

"There was some subsequent on-line criticism of Ings for celebrating his goal against his former club."

I can only think some fans need to give their head a wobble and find something worthwhile to whinge about. Ings is long gone from Burnley, I don't give a FF what he does when/if he scores against us, he can do an Apache War Dance or drop his keks and show his arse, who fecking cares.

" It was a marginal decision, and probably the correct one, but had it occurred at the other end, Burnley fans would have been incandescent with indignation."

Not for me, it hit Mee on his arm which was by his side, his arm movement was away from the ball, there was clearly no intent on Mee's part and no time for him to get his arm out of the way. It was as clear a no-pen as you're ever likely to see imo, 100% never a penalty. And if it had been at the other end I would say the same, refs giving ludicrous handball pens has been a bee in my bonnet for years, if you get a penalty, and likely as not a goal for something like that, you might as well pack the game up, it's not worth playing imo, so I was pleased the ref and VAR got it right, and I would have said exactly the same if it had been a Saints defender at the other end.
    Spot on, on all issues sinkov. OMG I phooking hate agreeing with you!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Spot on, on all issues sinkov. OMG I phooking hate agreeing with you!
    Don't worry mon ami, I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly.

save for a credible penalty shout when a cross struck Ben Mee’s arm. VAR pondered for a while before concluding that the handball was not deliberate and no penalty was awarded.

He got away with such an intervention against Leicester recently and did so again yesterday. It was a marginal decision, and probably the correct one, but had it occurred at the other end, Burnley fans would have been incandescent with indignation.

we got lucky....and I'd agree, if that was against us, i'd have been miffed some - but looking at Saints supporters responses to the game - seems they feel harder done by with the managers team picks and player performance - than an uncertain hand ball.... .

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tm...65/index.shtml

1min 52

Thanks Danny!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)