+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Fixtures

Remaining Fixtures

Palace (a)
    Burnley (h)
    Southampton (a)
    Sheff Utd (h)
    Villa (h)
    Bournemouth (a)
    West Ham (h)
    Man City (a)
    Watford (a)
    Spurs (h)
    Brighton (a)
    Liverpool (h)

Need to improve to stay up.

We certainly need to get points against our direct rivals to stay up, but that programme could be a lot worse.

That's if we actually want to stay up. For me, I'm still figuring that one out...

Very tough last 5 games

They all are. We are the side that haven't beaten the bottom side this season. I hope I am wrong but can see us losing the next 4. Burnley,Southampton and Sheff Utd all playing better than us. Best chance next week against Palace. Need to win.

True, Sheff Utd have been great this season. Superior to us in every way. Southampton are picking up pace it seems, they look like a tough side to beat.

We have fluked enough points to stay up already just about . Another 6 or so will guarantee it .
    Another 30% possession game , arsenal never got out of 1st gear in the first half , and we looked better only because of that.
    Second half was shocking when arsenal put a bit of effort in .

They will be tough but i think out of those we have enough to get points to stay up.

Those last 5 will be tough but we've done well against Spuds in the past when playing them at the end of the season.

Next 6 games will decide our season . If we win two or three we are safe. But you dont win games if you dont score goals. We re heading for a John Carver run

Rafa's team conceded 48 goals last season. Bruce is on 40 with 12 games to go.

So who do we beat off that list the way Bruce the dinosaur has us playing ? I cant see anyone. If we lose to Palace who haven't won in 7 then we are a good bet for relegation. If we stop up it will be through a lot of draws as we wont win many more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)