+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Woodrow

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Schmidt has always been claimed by Barnsley as a million pound striker.
    Transfermarkt is European wide and is probably the biggest and most respected ie accurate database of clubs. I am just the messenger but the figures sound abart reyt to me. Remember payments are sometimes staged over financial years and may include add-ons for such things as promotion being achieved, goals scored, appearances, international call ups etc. The 18 out and 21 in include loans, development players.
    I’ve a feeling that Anderson......( and I agree he is like a fish without fins sometimes,)... will do well in time.
    But if we have paid more than £1m ...as he is now, then someone’s made a massive error in what we need at this time.
    .... Now I’m not saying he’s a poor player.... just not ready now in THIS LEAGUE.

I’d love this lad to stay and progress...... I think he’s not ready yet, and some of the Sh1te he’s been getting has been unfair

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Beg to differ ponte THAT'S the whole point the players they've bought are hopefully to sell on for profit nothing else, our lg status is secondary
    Correct Dools.

Nail hitton 'eead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’ve a feeling that Anderson......( and I agree he is like a fish without fins sometimes,)... will do well in time.
    But if we have paid more than £1m ...as he is now, then someone’s made a massive error in what we need at this time.
    .... Now I’m not saying he’s a poor player.... just not ready now in THIS LEAGUE.

I’d love this lad to stay and progress...... I think he’s not ready yet, and some of the Sh1te he’s been getting has been unfair
    I don't entirely disagree with you here Jules, but my only problem with Anderson is that he's the one that doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. He's made repeated errors when it comes to being switched on, being positionally correct as a defender, and clearing the ball as opposed to trying to be clever. I am by no means a professional footballer but I'd like to think I can judge fairly well whether someone is going to do well or not. For me he's league 1 at best, and I'd struggle to see him getting any higher than that level. But we'll see . . .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345