+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

Said in the transfer rumour thread that we are at least 4/5 players short of being able to compete well next season. A creative mid is a priority, a winger with pace, two CB's and a striker. imo if Shankland had any thoughts about staying he'll have changed his mind because he'll want to play in a team that plays better football. That's 5 if Shanklands away and tbh I'm not even sure 5 is enough.
    We've been good enough to grind results that win us this league but next season would find those results much harder to come by.

The existing team, maybe even with Shankland wouldn't survive in the top flight because although we have some good players im afraid to say Robbie isn't capable of getting the best out of them, so it's looking like we need top 6 players to finish 8th.
    I have a lot of time for Neilson, I like him and I want him to be successful, he's a good fit at United but he has to coach better or find a number 2 that can help him to create a consistent pattern of play. Maybe this sounds negative but it's just how I see it from watching us on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    ...Pawletts contract ending soon...
    Didn't he sign a 2.5 year contract last January? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The existing team, maybe even with Shankland wouldn't survive in the top flight because although we have some good players im afraid to say Robbie isn't capable of getting the best out of them, so it's looking like we need top 6 players to finish 8th.
    I don't agree with any of that at all and I'm not sure where your get it from to be honest. You are aware we are currently 18 points clear at the top of the league? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I don't agree with any of that at all and I'm not sure where your get it from to be honest. You are aware we are currently 18 points clear at the top of the league? 🤔
    Of course I'm aware of it. But if anyone thinks Robbies getting the best out of the players at his disposal then I think they're wrong.
    Our budget is miles ahead of all the teams in the league, possible exception Dundee who imploded under a rookie manager.
    With no St Mirren Ross County Hearts etc in this league let's be honest we should be winning it by a decent margin. We are, but not because Robbie is getting the best out of the players.

But if anyone thinks Robbies getting the best out of the players at his disposal then I think they're wrong.
    Being honest i've always felt like this...

Just to add fair enough Terry, it's all about opinions. Where I get it from is watching us play and watching SPL football as often as I can. We've played well at times, and when we haven't played well we've had spells in games where we have, but what we haven't had is consistent performances over a season, so far anyway.

Depending on the results over the weekend, that gap could end up 21, 19 or 15. If the tombola stops at the wrong place and ICT win on the following Tuesday, that gap is oh so quickly down to 12. Match our results until their next game in hand, then the gap reduces to 9!

Its not all about if any team can put together a run of results, its the poor run we are on with 2 teams behind us, one of which has proved year after year that they can put on a late season revival, even going on to win the league at Dundees expense!

The team you are on about (ICT) are actually on a worse run of form than us. I think you are painting an unnecessarily pessimistic picture in that last post to be honest.

Just to add fair enough Terry, it's all about opinions.
    Of course, and I respect yours but I don't agree.

The team you are on about (ICT) are actually on a worse run of form than us. I think you are painting an unnecessarily pessimistic picture in that last post to be honest.
    And why are they on a bad run just now? Selling their 2 central defenders? John Robertson is well known at this level for getting the best out of some shockingly bad players, and i feel has every chance of setting his team off on a run.

You know what though, you have gone on about whataboutery before, and i believe your version of that has us winning the league with the current points gap, something i do think could happen. However, i am also willing to consider the flip side of that with a worst case scenario, and if there is too much complacency, im damn well gonna mention it!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)