+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

There could be complacency in our team but I'd be pretty surprised if that was the case. I don't think I've said anywhere what I think the points gap could be at the end of the season. Same as I haven't said anywhere I think it's won already.

However, if ours and ICT's positions were reversed, how many folk currently saying they could get close to us would be giving us a cat in hells chance of catching them?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    However, if ours and ICT's positions were reversed, how many folk currently saying they could get close to us would be giving us a cat in hells chance of catching them?
    For the same reasons i think we are quite a precarious position, ie RN and the Tombola, not a cat in hells chance like you say!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    For the same reasons i think we are quite a precarious position, ie RN and the Tombola, not a cat in hells chance like you say!
    Consistent, fair play. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i await your reply...
    😂

Looking forward to reading this, no doubt itl be a reply with some attempt to back it up with a stat about how Watsons form against part time te..... blah blah.....

nope, there is no getting away from blatant favouritism

Good article on Watsons part. He's now put it out there that he's unhappy at being dropped, although I think the manager will already know this (I'd heard he'd chapped on the managers door after the Morton game) Not only that but he's put to bed the *******s about him being injured and confirmed what we all knew....Neilson has his favourites and will play them regardless of form. At least we now know for sure.

Quick check on our record with & without Watson at centre half. Haven't included any of the pre-season Challenge Cup nonsense games.

With Watson:

Played 11
    Won 9
    Lost 0
    Drawn 2
    Goals conceded 6
    Avg goals conceded per game 0.5.

Without Watson:

Played 15
    Won 8
    Lost 5
    Drawn 2
    Goals conceded 18
    Avg goals conceded per game 1.2

Says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Depending on the results over the weekend, that gap could end up 21, 19 or 15. If the tombola stops at the wrong place and ICT win on the following Tuesday, that gap is oh so quickly down to 12. Match our results until their next game in hand, then the gap reduces to 9!

Its not all about if any team can put together a run of results, its the poor run we are on with 2 teams behind us, one of which has proved year after year that they can put on a late season revival, even going on to win the league at Dundees expense!
    Can't see anything stopping us winning the league comfortably. You can't see ICT improving enough and us completely collapsing. That's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Quick check on our record with & without Watson at centre half. Haven't included any of the pre-season Challenge Cup nonsense games.

With Watson:

Played 11
    Won 9
    Lost 0
    Drawn 2
    Goals conceded 6
    Avg goals conceded per game 0.5.

Without Watson:

Played 15
    Won 8
    Lost 5
    Drawn 2
    Goals conceded 18
    Avg goals conceded per game 1.2

Says it all really.
    I am fan of Robbie and can’t ignore our lead at top.

However I am very concerned that Watson was dropped when our best option at centre back PLUS his contract is running out in summer?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i await your reply...
    Shedka's taking his time.😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Good article on Watsons part. He's now put it out there that he's unhappy at being dropped, although I think the manager will already know this (I'd heard he'd chapped on the managers door after the Morton game) Not only that but he's put to bed the *******s about him being injured and confirmed what we all knew....Neilson has his favourites and will play them regardless of form. At least we now know for sure.
    I posted at the time he was dropped to the bench that this was Robbie's way of phasing him out. Watson has nothing to lose putting it out there on how he feels about being dropped. Especially if he's not getting a new contract , will be interesting if manager sticks with him on Friday night or he brings back Reynolds.
    Watson is our best defender but is probably still not good enough for the Premiership.
    Doesn't say much for the rest of them though.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)