+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

Could it be that the professional opinion of professionals is that Paul Watson is NOT Franz Beckenbauer's grandson.?
    Last edited by ARAbCHNID; 19-02-2020 at 11:23 AM. Reason: To add 'is'

Really ****s me off when people get all uptight because the manager is coming in for grief. Just because we are at the top of the league DOES NOT grant him immunity from criticism. Deal with the here & now, not what's gone on in the past. We have been ****e for months and a large part of it is due to the managers bizarre decisions. If your missus came in one night and said "darling I've just cheated on you" you wouldn't say "ach it's fine love, you've been faithful for the last 10 years, bash on, you're doing a great job".

But we’re top and 18 points clear. 🙄

#tangerinetinted

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Note sure I agree with that last part. If Watson doesn't play and we get a clean sheet then Robbie is vindicated in his choice IMO.
    vindicated for 1 game but the long term effects of dropping in form players for favorites could have an effect on dressing room morale and set in some bad feelings towards the manager. I would like to think that wouldn't happen but you imagine you doing your job better than anyone else in your position, with your future on the line and want to win a new deal, then losing the chance to continue because a lesser player who is a favourite is back fit? Im sure that would affect him and potentially others as well.

Given your last point, it should be crystal clear to Watson that his days at Tannadice are numbered...

If Robbie Neilson is picking his favourites I hope he continues to do so cos he's won the league and not a snowdrop in sight.

We're just needing a wee win & a wee performance to put a smile back on the faces of the bring back Csaba brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Given your last point, it should be crystal clear to Watson that his days at Tannadice are numbered...
    I think you are correct. If RN feels he has better options to come in the summer hes willing to gamble on then its understandable he is continuing on with the 2 that will be here next season but imho that can could and should wait until the league is officially over.

Signs so far of the partnership between Connolly and Reynolds is that it would be a disaster going up a level given its been pretty rubbish since the play offs last season, breaking that partnership actually won us the 1st derby of the season as Dundee were on top due to our defence looking very nervous until Connolly went off. Losing Shankland in the summer and having those 2 at the back wouldn't fill me with confidence that we would be anything other than relegation battlers next season due to what wiill likely be a shocking clean sheet record.... that is of course unless something changes in their partnership form.

Again i agree that many of his decisions are strange and i would like him to stop stuff but i dont think he will. Its got him to where he is today so why would he change now? So again i’ll ask, what makes you think he will? So if he doesn’t then many will want a new manager/head coach. However, who out there would be a better choice? I dont think there is a better choice than him so im willing to just accept what he does and trust his reasons for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Could it be that the professional opinion of professionals is that Paul Watson is NOT Franz Beckenbauer's grandson.?
    Where the feck did that come from? Making things up at its best there!

NAE COONT on here has claimed that Watson is any better than top of the championship/bottom Premiership player, AND IS ONLY the best defender we have based on clean sheet statistics!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    If Robbie Neilson is picking his favourites I hope he continues to do so cos he's won the league and not a snowdrop in sight.

We're just needing a wee win & a wee performance to put a smile back on the faces of the bring back Csaba brigade.
    A big part of winning the league was playing Paul Watson. We won nine out of eleven games with him at CB, kept six clean sheets & conceded only six goals. Now his 'favourite' is back in, we haven't won since & conceded the same amount of goal in only four games.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)