+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

Watson Interview

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...s-complacency/

Robbie Neilson’s decision to leave Watson out of his starting line-up for three matches in a row – none of which United won – has been a big talking-point among the club’s fan-base.

Asked if he thought the run of games before his benching was the best form of his career, the 29-year-old answered: “It’s fair to say that.

“There were 14 or 15 games in a row and I loved every minute.

“It was a frustrating time for me (being a substitute) – if there isn’t frustration there’s a problem. I thought I was playing well and for whatever reason I came out of the team.

“That’s not my decision. You might not agree with it but you have to respect it.

“You know you have to put the team first. That’s what I’ve done.

“I’m happy to get back in and hopefully I can stay there.

“A clean sheet should help. As a back five unit all you can do is not concede and more times than not that will mean you win the game.”
    Confirmed by the man himself, so all those on here saying he was dropped due to injury were talking absolute sh1te

Tombola or favouritism, probably a bit of both.

Absolute sh1te IMO
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 17-02-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Was just about to post the exact same quote. Confirms he was dropped and not injured. Ridiculous.

That is interesting. I'd heard he wasn't injured and therefore not happy. I think I said a couple of weeks ago that I think Robbie is starting to prepare for the Premiership and as Watson is out of contract in the summer (I'm sure) others have been playing.

Robbies clearly no seeing what we're seeing then, which IMO is a massive ****ing worry. Aye maybe he's not good enough for the Prem but neither are Connolly or Reynolds IMO so what then?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Robbies clearly no seeing what we're seeing then, which IMO is a massive ****ing worry. Aye maybe he's not good enough for the Prem but neither are Connolly or Reynolds IMO so what then?
    Ye major doubts are creeping in now but he says he learns from mistakes 😞

It doesn't take much for folk to start getting doubtful. Our record this season is amazing and we've had a sticky spell (that no other team has taken advantage of). I think we fans need to be more realistic, we were never going to go through the whole season winning every game.

Correct M, we're not good enough for that but when its evidently clear that dropping a CB who's been outstanding for us and was pivotal in our excellent run and numerous clean sheets for the managers favourites where we then start leaking goals and stop winning then the alarm bells are quite rightly ringing and their ringing quite loud

What the actual f uck is RN thinking aboot?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He picked up an injury against Hibs, Neilson played him non stop even when Connolly was back for two months, this is just a false narrative
    i await your reply...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It doesn't take much for folk to start getting doubtful. Our record this season is amazing and we've had a sticky spell (that no other team has taken advantage of). I think we fans need to be more realistic, we were never going to go through the whole season winning every game.
    I dont think anyone is getting doubtful or expected a season lockout, just bloody frustrated that RN is using the tombola around a bunch of his favourites in games that might have been winnable had he played Watson and not played Pawlett.

This whole thing about Watsons, along with Pawletts contract ending soon, when you consider recent team selections, does that mean the best defender this season is not getting a new contract and a sadly past it dinnae ken his best position player will still be here next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont think anyone is getting doubtful or expected a season lockout, just bloody frustrated that RN is using the tombola around a bunch of his favourites in games that might have been winnable had he played Watson and not played Pawlett.

This whole thing about Watsons, along with Pawletts contract ending soon, when you consider recent team selections, does that mean the best defender this season is not getting a new contract and a sadly past it dinnae ken his best position player will still be here next season?
    Oft please no,he’s proven to be a costly mistake but to compound that with a new contract would be the death nail for Robbie 😞

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)