+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I posted at the time he was dropped to the bench that this was Robbie's way of phasing him out. Watson has nothing to lose putting it out there on how he feels about being dropped. Especially if he's not getting a new contract , will be interesting if manager sticks with him on Friday night or he brings back Reynolds.
    Watson is our best defender but is probably still not good enough for the Premiership.
    Doesn't say much for the rest of them though.
    It'll be very interesting! Not only after him coming in and keeping the clean sheet at the weekend, but the fact this is now in the press and the press have picked up on the fans frustrations regarding the matter.

If Watson is being phased out with the Premier League in mind for next season then surely Neilson must also be punting both Reynolds and Connolly as well.

Surely Neilson can't be punting our best CB and keeping two inferior options in that position in a far more superior league.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    If Watson is being phased out with the Premier League in mind for next season then surely Neilson must also be punting both Reynolds and Connolly as well.

Surely Neilson can't be punting our best CB and keeping two inferior options in that position in a far more superior league.
    certainly looks that way mate, he's not a Neilson signing, only came back in Cos Connolly was injured and now he's back hes drapped. Sad really and as i've said, mega f cuking worrying

Good on Watson for coming out with his version of events. A guy that was picked from relative obscurity, Paul who? If i remember correctly and had his fair share of stick. But he has shown his mettle and shown that he is equal to or better than Connolly or Reynolds(whom i think hasn't got the heart anymore)

Watson is quiet, strong and just gets on with the job, nothing fancy and can grab a goal from a set play. If we let him go we lose that solid feel, as seemingly demonstrated by our form with him playing. I am sure a St Johnstone or lower half Premiership team would give him contract and see him as ideal back up or first team player.

I like Connolly's commitment and Reynolds was good defender once, but both too unpredictable.

I think we lose at our peril as i think we have done to some extent with Stanton.

Interesting reading social media and all the united forums in preparation of ICT game and not one person has left Watson oot the team

Wonder if his interview will go in his favour or be used against him and freeze him out?

Also wonder what the clubs opinion on it is as i know they read all the forums and people are all asking the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    How can you convince me that it isn't? Watson played for two full months with Connolly back available, clearly took a sore one against Hibs at home.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Good on Watson for coming out with his version of events. A guy that was picked from relative obscurity, Paul who? If i remember correctly and had his fair share of stick. But he has shown his mettle and shown that he is equal to or better than Connolly or Reynolds(whom i think hasn't got the heart anymore)

Watson is quiet, strong and just gets on with the job, nothing fancy and can grab a goal from a set play. If we let him go we lose that solid feel, as seemingly demonstrated by our form with him playing. I am sure a St Johnstone or lower half Premiership team would give him contract and see him as ideal back up or first team player.

I like Connolly's commitment and Reynolds was good defender once, but both too unpredictable.

I think we lose at our peril as i think we have done to some extent with Stanton.
    When he signed, i really couldnt figure out why a guy who didnt play week in, week out for Falkirk was getting a place in our team. I have to say now that he is a guy who should be given a chance to see if he can make the step up. Not so sums him up perfectly for me and i think he was ok at RB when called on last season, and has been our best defender for many a season!

And if Coll Donaldson and the lad McCart can get a transfer fee to the next level, i think Watson could easily get a place at a mid table team.

As for Stanton, i think Powers is the replacement for him, but i think someone made a mistake expecting a similar player.

Interesting reading social media and all the united forums in preparation of ICT game and not one person has left Watson oot the team

Wonder if his interview will go in his favour or be used against him and freeze him out?

Also wonder what the clubs opinion on it is as i know they read all the forums and people are all asking the same thing...
    And yet there is no thread on here!

I don't think he'll start on Friday. I don't think this interview is a factor though I just think Robbie sees Reynolds and Connolly as our best centre back pairing.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)