+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson Interview

And phuckin lol at the nick of people at Neilson

Madness

Hearts never have recovered since his time, he was the best manager available to us, as had been 100% proven since he thankfully took over in oct 2018, a good manager for us and one who will do us proud on our return to the top flight

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't know how he played when he won the league with Hearts, don't even know how he played when he finished third with them the following year (or second, whatever it was) but that alone makes me want to see what he can do next year, given he'll have a decent budget in the summer and has previous experience in the exact same situation. I'm expecting a top 6 finish if I'm being honest. Big ask, and we certainly won't get it with this group of players, but I don't expect this group of players to be playing for us next season. Some will of course, but I think we'll see at least 4 or 5 new additions to the first team.

I think he should get 3-4 seasons with us after this one, to see what he can do assuming he isn't poached

All the clubs who do better, ourselves included ("Levein Houston era) sticky with a decent manager, they have good seasons and some average ones or average periods in a season before picking back up(thinking McInnes Aberdeen, Wright St Johnstone, Robinson Motherwell) but the club sticks with it, let's them remold the squad if need refresh it and go again

If we do have a very good return and finish higher than expected (comfortably away from danger would be acceptable on our return) and say get top six (difficult but you never know) but then start poorly the following season, you don't just sack if you want a stable era.. That's what I really hope this period will be, no upheaval on the manager front needlessly

For me we have a manager good enough to take us where we want to be just like those aforementioned clubs do, he is in that category imo, he isn't perfect but one I'm fully behind and hope those in the club back him all the way, even if we have a period of poor results at one stage or another

Any manager at any level who picks a player over another purely on favouritism should 1,never be a manager in the first place or 2 get sacked on the spot for being unprofessional.

Neilson record is great. We should stick with him.

Personally I don’t agree that Watson could not the make step up. He is a better defender than at most bottom 6 premiership clubs

We won’t immediately be signing players better than say Aberdeen- and even if we are why not keep Watson who has shown himself a good pro and squad player if he has to take on that role

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Personally I don’t agree that Watson could not the make step up. He is a better defender than at most bottom 6 premiership clubs
    His passing is really terrible. When he passes it to the nearest 'on' midfielder, that's when he's at his best. Unfortunately he very often tries something more difficult. However, we got more clean sheets when he's in the team at centre half, simple as that.

So Shedka, hands up admitting you’re wrong yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_1988 View Post
    Do you think he’ll change and if so then why will he? I agree and don’t have the answer to why he dropped Watson but again we don’t have all the info. A friend of mine said he met Watson the other week and Watson said he wasn’t fit enough so i’m a bit confused with what Watson says in the interview. And yes as hard as it is sometimes we do just have to accept what Neilson does because at the end of the day while he’s in charge and we all agree that we want him in charge he will make the decisions that he feels are correct. So unless there is a better alternative lets stop with the negativity and push the team on towards the last few months of the season.
    i think he needs to change as its not working, his stubbornness and his playing of favourites isnt helping the team

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I am glad he did the interview,its night and day between the ST and Ogren regimes but keeping the fans in the dark remains the norm at Tannadice.Its a FACT that Jim McLean was more upfront than Neilson.Robbie had massive problems with the Hearts support and you would have thought he'd want to avoid the same scenario at Tannadice.
    It would be a pleasant surprise if Watson starts on Friday but i think he will be dropped,i also feel that the manager's days are numbered.He appears to be very stubborn and tombola,square pegs,roond holes,favouritism posts and threads are mounting up on social media,there is only one way it can end if he refuses to acknowledge or listen to the fans.
    bang on G

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_1988 View Post
    And all this while the club have a minimum 12 point gap at the top of the league, a league that we have tried and failed 3 times already to get out of and a club that needs stability to take it back to where it belongs.
    and we've been playing sh1te for months

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Him not playing for two league games (yes just two!) is no big deal though and did not prevent us winning, at best we'd have a single point more (maybe would judge drew u with Arbroath) ... Other factors, a culmination of not being at full strength, different balance and tbh just a dip in form of a few players after an excellent run and the opposition doing well have all played a part
    2 x league games where we got beat and drew wi f ucking morton. We were leaking goals, 4 fae hibs ffs

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)