+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 3 league games

Next 3 league games

.....Are all away to Hartlepool,Fylde and leaders Barrow
    How many points would be acceptable to keep us in the play offs
    i'd like 7 but would settle for 6

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    .....Are all away to Hartlepool,Fylde and leaders Barrow
    i'd like 7 but would settle for 6
    Heart 9, head 6, happy 7

Heart 9, head 4 probably 2

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I think even 2 or 3 would do that.
    4 would be a good return.
    5 or more would be outstanding

Heart 9
    Head 4
    Happy 7

We will be lucky to get 3 points..

Based on some of my recent calcs it is looking like 72 points will just about get you 7th place, so 21 points more needed from 13 games. I worked out that we will likely finish on 74 points so 23 more points from these last 13 games. If we dropped more than 16 points from the remaining games we will struggle to make the play offs. To be safe we need to be hitting a minimum 5 points every 3 games now and then beat Yeovil at home last game, so a win and two draws for the next 3 games would be ok.

I don't think we will lose at Barrow and I think we can beat Hartlepool. As daft as it sounds I think Fylde will be the tricky game.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

I don't think we will lose at Barrow and I think we can beat Hartlepool. As daft as it sounds I think Fylde will be the tricky game.

Still not beaten any of the current bottom half teams away from home and yet we've won 4 of the 5 away to play off rivals, so yes - based on what's happened so far - Fylde is where we're most likely to slip up.

We're 4th in the home table, 6th best attack, 3rd best defence but all the way down in 14th away from home (though we have played less away than anybody else).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Still not beaten any of the current bottom half teams away from home and yet we've won 4 of the 5 away to play off rivals, so yes - based on what's happened so far - Fylde is where we're most likely to slip up.

We're 4th in the home table, 6th best attack, 3rd best defence but all the way down in 14th away from home (though we have played less away than anybody else).
    Six defeats in 15 league games on the road compared to two defeats in 18 at home. Five of the six away defeats against teams currently below us in the league, both a Fylde and Pools will fancy their chances!
    Name:  2F420F08-81AB-4D35-ABE2-A982E53764B1.jpg
Views: 1923
Size:  12.0 KB

We’re all aware how important it should be to get 2nd or 3rd. I dunno, I’m not sure I would fancy this team in a high pressure game at home where we would be expected to make the running.

I think I’d be more confident going away to a team who’d be wanting to attack us a bit more. Obviously all of this depends on making the playoffs in the first place. I’m guessing 4 points for the next 3 games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast