+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chinese or Indian

Chinese or Indian

Well, Nothing to Moan about at the moment !! BT Will be happy.
    So Chinese or Indian???......I prefer Chinese over Indian, Though I have had recently a really nice Indian /but not enough sauce, Think they have gone with the healthy eating , so was little dry.
    But what would your choose .?
    Please no Kebab stories ...!!

Kebabs are soo Yesterday!!

Neither for me. It’s got to be Italian every time !

Vietnamese is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Neither for me. It’s got to be Italian every time !
    There used to be, not sure if it is still there now in Clitheroe a huge Chinese over 3 floors , forgotten the name, but my word was it good! Barbecued spare ribs to die for. It was pricey , but oh so good, anybody remember what it was called, and if still running, would love to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    There used to be, not sure if it is still there now in Clitheroe a huge Chinese over 3 floors , forgotten the name, but my word was it good! Barbecued spare ribs to die for. It was pricey , but oh so good, anybody remember what it was called, and if still running, would love to go back.
    I've lived in Clitheroe from 1994-2002 and from 2009 up to now, so 19 of the last 26 years, but I know nothing of a huge Chinese restaurant Jon, that's a new one on me.

Indian over Chinese every day of the week, Chicken Madras, Pilau rice, Peshwari nan, I don't need a menu, same every time, luv it.

It's not a simple binary choice is it? On home turf the Chinese will eat anything that moves, snake, bat, rat, dog - Corona virus anyone?

Indian food is rather more eclectic and the focus is on vegetarian dishes using the finest spices to enhance the flavour. I love how Indian cuisine kicks off with a basic gravy (curry sauce to thee and me) and then uses it in a menu: Balti, Madras, Jalfrezi etc. etc.

Lamb Tikka Achari takes some beating, but in fairness so does Crispy Duck in hoisin sauce, rolled together in a soft pancake with spring onion and cucumber strips.

There is a whole range of fabulous food out there and some of the "fusion food" is totally fabulous. Supersub6 mentioned Vietnamese, I'm rather fond of Thai dishes myself.

There's a world of food variety out there, but to answer your question bfcjon, Indian any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Incidentally, I've been dining throughout the Ribble Valley's finest eating establishments for over forty years, but I have no recollection of a uber Chinese over three floors in Clitheroe.

Indian everytime for me,can't do with noodles/ pasta ,lasagne etc. So Chinese and Italian are out for me..

I'm a fan of both, but Chinese would be my preference. The youngest Warminsterette works part time at the Way Ying at Hill Head and their spare ribs and curries in particular are awesome!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)