+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions Millers ?

Champions Millers ?

I`ve been watching the Millers since `79,and in that time we`ve had many promotions and relegations,but only twice have we won a league,1981 and 1989.
    So if we were to stay at the top this season it would be some rare treat,it`s going to be very close,but I reckon we have a very good chance,I`ve only waited 31 years !

I've been watching just slightly longer and I've never seen us bounce back to the second best division in rapid succession.
    Even if we don't make it this season we will have had a right good go.

Usually we,re decline for a decade or two when we,ve been relegated from the second tier.
    Credit due to our Owner and Manager team.
    Very impressive

Every promotion is special, but to be crowned champions against Sunderland on the last game would be almost a once in a lifetime experience.

We are on a tremendous run of results but haven't really set the world on fire in doing so. Everyone is noticing Peterborough because they are handing out some good hidings and the likes of Toney are excelling.
    I think if one or two of our players find an extra 10% especially up top then we will dish out some thrashings of our own and be very very difficult to catch

To be champions I think we'll need to improve a bit more like other teams like Peterborough and Coventry have.

We have a decent side, but not as good as the Porterfield one. We concede too many goals. I think Coventry have to be favourites for the title.

Current back four not as good as the Porterfield one - Forrest, Stancliffe, Mullen , Breckin - and they rarely got injured or suspended. Current team is probably more attack-minded though

Sunderland are the team to fear and I think our last game of the season could very well have significant implications on our success or not.
    Their Manager has now got them playing well, winning a lot of games and they have good players

At the end of the season two teams go up automatically though so second is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Current back four not as good as the Porterfield one - Forrest, Stancliffe, Mullen , Breckin - and they rarely got injured or suspended. Current team is probably more attack-minded though
    Towner was our main man then + we had Seasman Moore Fearn if that's not far more attack-minded than now don't know what is!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Don't think suspensions had been introduced in 81 Mike but can't confirm. Cards came in in 76. Game was much less physically demanding back then and playing through injury much more prevalent than today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast