+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

Plus us in the U.K. are paying for the World Service of the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Plus us in the U.K. are paying for the World Service of the BBC
    I don't think a fine for not having a television licence entitles you to be included in the "us" Grist

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I don't think a fine for not having a television licence entitles you to be included in the "us" Grist
    Yep, I’ll give you that one.

But it’s an odd situation when you get a more unbiased view of world events from Al Jezeera than you get from the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    True, but somebody is paying for it through their donations to PBS, same as it's free to those in the UK who don't pay their licence fee.
    They're not forced to pay donations though so it's not the same as the licence fee.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    The BBC is brilliant. How they manage on such a small budget, God only knows.

How they’ve managed to retain broadcasting giants like Graham Norton, Gary Lineker and Chris Evans on small salaries ranging from £2m to £4m p.a is beyond me.
    Can I just point out chris Evans has left bbc last year to broadcast on virgin

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    True, but somebody is paying for it through their donations to PBS, same as it's free to those in the UK who don't pay their licence fee.
    But don’t you get other shows on PBS?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Can I just point out chris Evans has left bbc last year to broadcast on virgin
    Massive loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    But don’t you get other shows on PBS?
    Yes but not sure what your point is? There are shows other than BBC shows on channels/media that do show BBC shows (confusingly enough BBC America is one of those channels) but somehow, somebody is paying for them. The BBC don't give them away for free.

Graham Norton gets a mention above, seen regularly on the BBC in the Graham Norton Show.

Norton is paid by the BBC but not for that program but for his radio show and other appearances.

GN is paid by So Productions for the Graham Norton Show, a company he co-founded but since 2012 owned by ITV Productions.

So the BBC pay him a salary directly and also indirectly by buying the GN Show from ITV productions. Because the BBC have to produce a list of “highest paid” they only list what they pay him directly thus making him look like a “bargain”.

Graham Norton has been going through the motions for years, he's probably as bored as the audience.

All you get from Hollywood "stars" on chat shows these days are pre-prepared anecdotes.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast