+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Ots of whinging and whining on this thread. Makes me giggle ��. Remoaners lost and the cloth cap and whippet brigade lost, how sad. Get over it.
    Cloth cap and whippet brigade? What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    It's not all gloom and doom. Thanks to Conservative Governments over the past ten years we are able to enjoy the re-emergence of a range of Victorian ailments like rickets, mumps, scurvy, TB, scarlet fever and diphtheria. True to Boris' promise to redistribute wealth, these diseases are enjoyed almost exclusively by the poor.
    I look forward to the day when our children will again be sent up chimneys
    Onwards and upwards Boris!
    Seems cases of mumps are spreading primarily in Colleges and Universities amongst students born in the late 90’s and early 00’s.

Andrew Wakefield can certainly be held accountable.

Don’t let any truth get in the way of all the bitterness and blatant resentment though.

LMFAO

❤️

Intetesting if (say) Spain stopped people emigrating there if they dont speak Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Intetesting if (say) Spain stopped people emigrating there if they dont speak Spanish.
    Spain’s needs are different to ours, they need The grey pound

Don't know whether you spotted it or not but this is a political thread. Best just to ignore it if it upsets you so much.
    Its OK Patty. I've joined a good few on my time as Lol knows! Just pulling his leg

We've not had a political thread for ages. Getting fed up with football threads dominating a board that thrives on a cross section of topics.

The Tories are launching a 3 prong attack on our democratic processes.*

Their plan is to do away with the BBC. I can only think its decause the BBC dont follow the Tory right wing agenda. Worrying times when the state attempts to contol the media.

The Tory Government want to take control of our independent judiciary. First, by giving politicians greater say on the appointment of Supreme Court Judges. And, second, they want to take some big government decisions out of judicial review. The government briefed on decreased powers of the Supreme Court before the Dec 2019 Queens Speech.

The PM is not allowing senior Cabinet Ministers their own advisors so giving number 10 sole say on policy. This, in effect takes away scrutiny on the PM so allowing Johnson a free ride on policy.

Dangerous times for our democracy under this Tory leadership.
    I want to make 2 points clear

First is we elect mps into power not advisors what your implying is that advisors are using mps as puppets and firing an unelected snob will stop mps from having an opinion? Makes no sense

And last of all I really don’t get this whole tv license fee, we get itv for free, we pay sky £20 a month for hundreds of channels yet we are told to pay the bbc £25 for first 6 months and £12 after that for a handful of channels and radio? Oh and it gets better country’s outside of the U.K. get it for @#%$ing free, so we pay for some crap we don't watch while others get it free for what no adverts? Really anyone with sky bt or virgin can just press pause, it’s a completely outdated system. I haven’t put bbc on since World Cup it’s crap. If they had advertising or made other countries pay they could put better things on and give pensioners it for free. It’s a @%#€ing joke

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep and people daft enough to vote em in and say the reason why they did is because the left are undemocratic. Ya can't make it up can ya?

Why do I get the feeling that many tory voters on here with little money will be saying I wish I hadn't voted like I did in 2019 in a year or sos time.

To be fair though I think tory voters on here with a bit of dosh will be raking it in. Nowt ever changes.

The leopard dunt change its spots it never has and never will. For ordinary folk to think that the tories will look after em is very naive in the extreme.

And you are right Wanchai, far too much chuffin footy related topics on here!
    The left were undemocratic roly people knew it was a risk to vote Tory but voted them in not only because of brexit, corbyn and is band of thickos but because the party was so left wing it alienated the centre voters.

If you split the types of votes into leftys centralists righty’s then the party that will win is the party who can win 2 out of three groups and in this case labour was too focused on its members rarther than the country.

I got my labour membership so I’m going to try and bring back labour to being a government rarther than a Glorified protest mob

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Its OK Patty. I've joined a good few on my time as Lol knows! Just pulling his leg
    Sorry, should have spotted that

Dos pintas y una tarta de cerdo Miguel mi mucker

Dos pintas y una tarta de cerdo Miguel mi mucker
    Thats good enough. Get your grey pound spent.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast