+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Even if that's true the licence fee should have gone about 20 years ago.

It's so dated.

And patently unfair to make people pay the BBC to watch ITV or Channel 4 or Sky.

Would you like to have to pay the Telegraph to read the Guardian?
    No I wouldn't because both newspapers are at the opposite of the political divide .

It escapes you that Andrew Neil gave Corbyn a right going over in his pre election interview and did similar with Swinson .

He would have given Johnson the same treatment too because it's independent of political influence .

Johnson decided to run away from scrutiny which tells you exactly where you are with such a person .

The beeb divides opinions on which political side it represents , well I'd say that is the greatest endorsement you could give them and shows how actually independent they are .

If you wind up both sides then clearly your doing something right .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No I wouldn't because both newspapers are at the opposite of the political divide .

It escapes you that Andrew Neil gave Corbyn a right going over in his pre election interview and did similar with Swinson .

He would have given Johnson the same treatment too because it's independent of political influence .

Johnson decided to run away from scrutiny which tells you exactly where you are with such a person .

The beeb divides opinions on which political side it represents , well I'd say that is the greatest endorsement you could give them and shows how actually independent they are .

If you wind up both sides then clearly your doing something right .
    But bbc isn’t just news is it?

I get what your saying and I agree that if you can piss every leader off your doing a good job and just so we are clear I don’t have a problem with bbc news and how they broadcast. My problem is the fact that if you don’t like anything on bbc you still have to pay for it.

Bbc came out with a statement naming all the top things they broadcast apart from eastenders and doctor who every thing they mentioned were events that only happens every year or every 4 years Olympics Eurovision World Cup etc. They are struggling and I think they know it

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    First il point out if you look back to 90s you never had eastenders on Monday and Friday it used to be just Tuesday and Thursday then they added Monday then Friday which left room for other shows which iv already named, so no it’s not the same or better than it was,

The only ignorant one is you puppy you know nothing of the real world this argument is like the one I had with you over the General Election you said labour could win and I said no chance and yes puppy I was right, iv posted the facts and now because you feel a bit embarrassed you are lashing out like a child

Jog on
    The quote of mine you picked out is not the one you then go on to answer. As I've said I'm not really interested in the old buggers on here who are deluded that things were somehow better when they were young. I'm more concerned by your attempt to pass off that people in other countries can access the same beeb services as license payers in the UK. I almost believed it myself until I looked into it. And it's *******s. Did you know that all along?

But another old fool on a message board either being a liar or ignorant of the facts shouldn't be a concern in itself. What is worrying is the amount of it about, especially from our political leaders,but now their followers are just the same. Read it on the Mail or Brexit Central and suddenly its passed on as sage fact.

Re GE I conceded that Labour would lose soon into the campaign. Don't know when you're thinking of? Or what the desperate relavence of that is to my post?

The BBC receives money from the EU, that's why they are never critical of it and don't cover the protests in France that have been going on for a year now.

Katya Adler could easily be confused for an EU spokesperson.

Have a look at RT and see the news the BBC doesn't cover.

Lying by omission is still lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    But bbc isn’t just news is it?

I get what your saying and I agree that if you can piss every leader off your doing a good job and just so we are clear I don’t have a problem with bbc news and how they broadcast. My problem is the fact that if you don’t like anything on bbc you still have to pay for it.

Bbc came out with a statement naming all the top things they broadcast apart from eastenders and doctor who every thing they mentioned were events that only happens every year or every 4 years Olympics Eurovision World Cup etc. They are struggling and I think they know it
    I can only speak personally but I think it's commendable that the beeb haven't totally sold out to the reality tv game .

Neither have they gone down the bash benefits Britain route either .

There's something solid about the BBC .
    I can't speak for your personal taste and I wouldn't criticise it either but for me personally the BBC wind me up , have me congratulating them , have me thinking why are you making this shyte and thank them for make such fascinating stuff .

Just how it should be really .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The BBC receives money from the EU, that's why they are never critical of it and don't cover the protests in France that have been going on for a year now.

Katya Adler could easily be confused for an EU spokesperson.

Have a look at RT and see the news the BBC doesn't cover.

Lying by omission is still lying.
    When the BBC ran coverage of Orgreave back to front in 1984 it wasn't particularly pleasant at the time .

It's not all about you and your views .

When the BBC ran coverage of Orgreave back to front in 1984 it wasn't particularly pleasant at the time .

It's not all about you and your views .
    There's no argument for the licence fee, that's why all the other countries are scrapping it.

Including all the lefty-liberal Scandinavian countries.

I can only speak personally but I think it's commendable that the beeb haven't totally sold out to the reality tv game .

Neither have they gone down the bash benefits Britain route either .

There's something solid about the BBC .
    I can't speak for your personal taste and I wouldn't criticise it either but for me personally the BBC wind me up , have me congratulating them , have me thinking why are you making this shyte and thank them for make such fascinating stuff .

Just how it should be really .
    I like action and comedy’s and on occasion historical stuff mate. Thats why I tend to watch sky 1 gold Dave blaze history channel Comedy Central and universal channel. I even watch itvs GMB because I find piers Morgan’s rants about vegan sausage rolls comical.

I think the reason bbc doesn’t have more appealing programs (to me anyway) is that they don’t have the money other channels have.

Personally I don’t want to scrap bbc but at same time I want to to get the funds it needs that’s why I hope they can reform and add adverts and after 4 or 5 years transitional period license fee is scrapped and we have a new improved bbc.

The way I see it even if license fee stays it’s going to be a matter of time before they are forced to show re runs due to lack of money to produce shows because costs go up all the time Eastenders new set cost £86.7 million that’s 562,987 people’s yearly license fee just for one set can the bbc cope if prices keep increasing

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516