+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

We've not had a political thread for ages. Getting fed up with football threads dominating a board that thrives on a cross section of topics.

The Tories are launching a 3 prong attack on our democratic processes.*

Their plan is to do away with the BBC. I can only think its decause the BBC dont follow the Tory right wing agenda. Worrying times when the state attempts to contol the media.

The Tory Government want to take control of our independent judiciary. First, by giving politicians greater say on the appointment of Supreme Court Judges. And, second, they want to take some big government decisions out of judicial review. The government briefed on decreased powers of the Supreme Court before the Dec 2019 Queens Speech.

The PM is not allowing senior Cabinet Ministers their own advisors so giving number 10 sole say on policy. This, in effect takes away scrutiny on the PM so allowing Johnson a free ride on policy.

Dangerous times for our democracy under this Tory leadership.

People don't understand the significance of these things or the fragility of hard fought democracy.

We voted for this, and the younger generations will suffer the consequences.

Shocking times.

Now that Andrew Sabisky has resigned as an adviser to Boris, perhaps we could invite him on to our forum to discuss his views on pregnancy, eugenics and race.

Yep and people daft enough to vote em in and say the reason why they did is because the left are undemocratic. Ya can't make it up can ya?

Why do I get the feeling that many tory voters on here with little money will be saying I wish I hadn't voted like I did in 2019 in a year or sos time.

To be fair though I think tory voters on here with a bit of dosh will be raking it in. Nowt ever changes.

The leopard dunt change its spots it never has and never will. For ordinary folk to think that the tories will look after em is very naive in the extreme.

And you are right Wanchai, far too much chuffin footy related topics on here!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-02-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Yawn. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yawn. UTM.
    It’s that tight at the top now mellow every games becoming a must not lose game.UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    People don't understand the significance of these things or the fragility of hard fought democracy.

We voted for this, and the younger generations will suffer the consequences.

Shocking times.
    I thought you had gone fishing after brexit and the election, cant resist can you

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It’s that tight at the top now mellow every games becoming a must not lose game.UTM.
    Ok gerroff our political thread with ya footy nonsense😉

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Ok gerroff our political thread with ya footy nonsense😉
    Wasting your time with some of these Roly. Set em up with a political thread and they talk football.

Any body would think we had chance of promotion😀

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast