+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes but not sure what your point is? There are shows other than BBC shows on channels/media that do show BBC shows (confusingly enough BBC America is one of those channels) but somehow, somebody is paying for them. The BBC don't give them away for free.
    My point is you get popular bbc shows on PBS as well as other shows from other studios and if you don’t like it you don’t pay for it, we on other hand have to watch the crap that wouldn’t make it on to PBS and if we don’t like any show we still have to pay for a channel we don’t like

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Graham Norton has been going through the motions for years, he's probably as bored as the audience.

All you get from Hollywood "stars" on chat shows these days are pre-prepared anecdotes.
    “Going through the motions” sums it up in more ways than one.

Too many people associate the BBC with TV and fail to recognise it's fantastic radio coverage , local radio coverage , BBC 3 and the BBC iplayer .

Some fantastic stuff produced by the beeb across a wide range of platforms .

All you have to do is open your eyes , it's all out there .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Too many people associate the BBC with TV and fail to recognise it's fantastic radio coverage , local radio coverage , BBC 3 and the BBC iplayer .

If it's fantastic then people will rush to subscribe then right?

Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    My point is you get popular bbc shows on PBS as well as other shows from other studios and if you don’t like it you don’t pay for it, we on other hand have to watch the crap that wouldn’t make it on to PBS and if we don’t like any show we still have to pay for a channel we don’t like
    Well you've got me there, you've won an argument we weren't having. I was pointing out that BBC programmes are not 'free' in other countries and you have pointed out you shouldn't have to pay for something in the UK that you don't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Maybe that's part of the problem, having too many fingers in too many pies.

Beeb 3 and 4 could disappear overnight and most wouldn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If it's fantastic then people will rush to subscribe then right?

Whats the problem?
    Because the BBC business model is not built on a commercial subscription model. It wont survive in the commercial world.

I would never subcribe to the BBC website but would be totally lost without it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well you've got me there, you've won an argument we weren't having. I was pointing out that BBC programmes are not 'free' in other countries and you have pointed out you shouldn't have to pay for something in the UK that you don't watch.
    I’m not having an argument with you Cam I’m just pointing out that some countries get it for free whiles others have to pay a one off small fee, both are less than what British people would pay to watch a channel they may or may not watch

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Because the BBC business model is not built on a commercial subscription model. It wont survive in the commercial world.

I would never subcribe to the BBC website but would be totally lost without it.
    Why would you be lost without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I’m not having an argument with you Cam I’m just pointing out that some countries get it for free whiles others have to pay a one off small fee, both are less than what British people would pay to watch a channel they may or may not watch
    How much is it to watch the beeb in different countries Silly? And which are free? Just tried surfing to find answers and just get VPN links! :-)

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast