+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: O/T Tories dismantling our democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I grew up on tv shows like one foot in the grave, only fools and horses and red dwarf all the best comedy’s was on the bbc if it was optional to pay back then it would have raked in the cash but now there’s so many old fart programs like

Monday bbc 1

3pm escape from the country
    3:45 the farmers country show
    4:30 antique road trip
    5:15 pointless (it lives up to its name)
    6pm news (even though they have a news channel)
    7pm one show (with more country crap)
    7:30 inside out Yorkshire (more country crap)
    8pm Chavy Eastenders
    8:30 mo farah and Salazar (old news)
    9pm masterchef (a cooking show)
    10pm news
    10:30 this country (ffs)

Do I need to say any more?
    I think if you look back at the nightly schedules from 10,20,30 years ago, you'll find a similar amount of mor stuff as the beeb aim to cater for the average viewer as well as the minority interests. Your simply indulging in the activity that unfortunately plagues these, and every other football board majoritively populated by old buggers : the misguided and ridiculous belief that somehow the world was better when we were younger. It's endemic and pretty ****ing dangerous as we blame everyone and everything for why things ain't what they used to be, when it's quite simply the same problem and mindset that every generation around the world have had since the Greeks. Old ****ers have always complained about new stuff and young people since scribes were invented.

I don't mind any of that. What I find offensive is people indulging in the new politics of outright lying to further a political argument. Such as pretending that people abroad get all the BBC services that we get for free or less cost. Just lies. Or ignorance. Either ain't pretty.

'the misguided and ridiculous belief that somehow the world was better when we were younger.'

Reading the tosh you post on here, I was under the impression you thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

I don't mind any of that. What I find offensive is people indulging in the new politics of outright lying to further a political argument. Such as pretending that people abroad get all the BBC services that we get for free or less cost. Just lies. Or ignorance. Either ain't pretty.
    First il point out if you look back to 90s you never had eastenders on Monday and Friday it used to be just Tuesday and Thursday then they added Monday then Friday which left room for other shows which iv already named, so no it’s not the same or better than it was,

The only ignorant one is you puppy you know nothing of the real world this argument is like the one I had with you over the General Election you said labour could win and I said no chance and yes puppy I was right, iv posted the facts and now because you feel a bit embarrassed you are lashing out like a child

Jog on

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    'the misguided and ridiculous belief that somehow the world was better when we were younger.'

Reading the tosh you post on here, I was under the impression you thought it was.
    No the world is much better now but bbc isn’t better now and I get how to some people like puppy bbc is their world

First il point out if you look back to 90s you never had eastenders on Monday and Friday it used to be just Tuesday and Thursday then they added Monday then Friday which left room for other shows which iv already named, so no it’s not the same or better than it was,

The only ignorant one is you puppy you know nothing of the real world this argument is like the one I had with you over the General Election you said labour could win and I said no chance and yes puppy I was right, iv posted the facts and now because you feel a bit embarrassed you are lashing out like a child

Jog on
    Not as embarrassing as the newly paid up member of the Labour Party who voted Tory in a GE two months ago .

Stick with the programme Silly and join the Tories and their anti BBC agenda because they dared to scrutinise and hold Johnson to account on his manifesto pledges pre election and then call him out for running away from it.

It's nowt to do with the license fee , can't you see that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not as embarrassing as the newly paid up member of the Labour Party who voted Tory in a GE two months ago .

Stick with the programme Silly and join the Tories and their anti BBC agenda because they dared to scrutinise and hold Johnson to account on his manifesto pledges pre election and then call him out for running away from it.

I joined labour because I believe that we need a labour government that represents the people and not themselves like they have done under corbyn and like Nandy says you can only change if you take part.

Elections aren’t a cult you vote for which is best and as much as I want a labour government the Labour Party at that time was a disaster in my opinion.

I’m under no delusion on what boris and the Tory’s motives are in putting pressure on bbc it’s completely in their own self interests but there’s support for reforms from the people because a) the times have moved on b) the quality on bbc has gone down the pan and c) the bbc charging pensioners including war hero’s has made people question why we pay a organisation that has no need for rating our money when other channels are better.

I joined labour because I believe that we need a labour government that represents the people and not themselves like they have done under corbyn and like Nandy says you can only change if you take part.

Elections aren’t a cult you vote for which is best and as much as I want a labour government the Labour Party at that time was a disaster in my opinion.

I’m under no delusion on what boris and the Tory’s motives are in putting pressure on bbc it’s completely in their own self interests but there’s support for reforms from the people because a) the times have moved on b) the quality on bbc has gone down the pan and c) the bbc charging pensioners including war hero’s has made people question why we pay a organisation that has no need for rating our money when other channels are better.
    Of course the Labour Party was a disaster I get that bit but voting Tory and then joining the Labour Party for change is where things get cloudy for me .

You not think you'd have been better not voting at all ?

Wouldn't becoming a paid up member of a party be a cultish thing to do ?

The BBC's offerings may not float your boat but you don't speak for everyone do you ?

Just because it's not on prime tv doesn't mean excellent stuff isn't produced by the BBC its probably that you don't know about it .

The BBC iplayer alone is worth the licence fee in my opinion .

Check it out .

You not think you'd have been better not voting at all ? .
    If you remember before the election I was conflicted I didn’t know whether to vote brexit Tory or not bother voting at all, if my own mp wasn’t such a patronising ass I would have stayed at home, now I realised I wasted my time.

Wouldn't becoming a paid up member of a party be a cultish thing to do ? .
    Good question and I mulled that over for a few days before I signed up in the end I ran out of time and had to make a decision and I decided to sign up vote then sign off.

Just because it's not on prime tv doesn't mean excellent stuff isn't produced by the BBC its probably that you don't know about it . .
    That’s highly possible I do tend to watch trailers of tv shows then give the program a try, however since bbc has no trailers because of no advertising it’s highly possible I’m missing something, my mum got into call the midwife after someone at her work told her about it and a couple of years ago I used to watch merlin because my neighbour said try it.

The BBC iplayer alone is worth the licence fee in my opinion .
    If you like the tv shows bbc I player is great if you don’t well not so much.

And no I don’t speak for everyone but I’m not alone in my opinion and if I watched stuff on bbc I’d probably not have the view I do.

Even if that's true the licence fee should have gone about 20 years ago.

It's so dated.

And patently unfair to make people pay the BBC to watch ITV or Channel 4 or Sky.

Would you like to have to pay the Telegraph to read the Guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Even if that's true the licence fee should have gone about 20 years ago.

It's so dated.

And patently unfair to make people pay the BBC to watch ITV or Channel 4 or Sky.

Would you like to have to pay the Telegraph to read the Guardian?
    Life is full of 'unfair' taxes paid by people who don't use the service. If we leave our house over there empty we still have to pay Council Tax to South Northants Council, in fact we have to pay double what we would pay if we lived in it. Weird?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast