+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mature Millers to lace up walking boots in aid of Prostate Cancer UK

Mature Millers to lace up walking boots in aid of Prostate Cancer UK

http://justgiving.com/owner-email/pl.../maturemillers

I’m sure there’s some who post on here or did, surprised they haven’t mentioned this.

On Saturday 18th April the Mature Millers will be joined by Rotherham United Community Sports Trust, Club Doncaster Foundation, and fans, as they attempt a 13 mile walk to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK.

The group will set out from Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster, at 6am, to walk the 13 mile journey to AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham, ahead of the Millers vs Rovers fixture at 12.30pm.

Fans who are currently taking part in the EFL Fit Fans Project at both clubs will be joining the walk as part of their weight loss journey and new healthier lifestyle.

The Mature Millers aim to raise £1000 to support Prostate Cancer UK which is a charity close to many of the members' hearts.

The Mature Millers host a number of weekly activities which they will be promoting down by the fan zone prior to kick off, where they will also be hosting a raffle for a signed RUFC shirt. All raffle proceeds will go to Prostate Cancer UK

What sort of arrangements are there for getting people to the Keepmoat or do people have to make their own way there and leave their cars?

I play for the walking football brance of MM it's been mentioned there.. As for arrangements for getting to KEEP A FLOAT i will ask at "fitmillers" tonight and post on here later. Seriously thinking about it after originally saying no .

Great stuff!!

So i asked tonight at the fit millers thing.. the answer was TO BE CONFIRMED Emma (community trust) is looking at a coach apparently there is different start points for those who cannot do the full thing.. Hill top pub was mentioned in Conisbrough . It maybe in possible for me to do the full 14.4 miles with a spinal fusion but been stubborn,daft and committed to most thing i probably will attempt it risking been laid up with bad back for weeks .. If i hear owt else i will post it on here under a new thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    What sort of arrangements are there for getting people to the Keepmoat or do people have to make their own way there and leave their cars?
    What's up with you Patty it's easy, Park at NYS and walk to Keepmoat (and back again). Top marathon runner could do the lot in just over a couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    What's up with you Patty it's easy, Park at NYS and walk to Keepmoat (and back again). Top marathon runner could do the lot in just over a couple of hours
    That's why you get the big bucks Cam - I'd never have though of that

There is at the moment 3 stop points along the way. First is the hill top, where toilets will be available.The walkers, depending on numbers should be there by 08:30/09:00. The next stop with toilets available is Silverwood Baggin. The last stop will be at Clifton Park Memorial, and then on to the ground. Times for the last two stops will be made at a later date.

Link in first post if anyone wants to donate

Fabulous. I've had the privilege of attending a few Mature Millers meetings and know some of them well. The true meaning of football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast