+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Fashanu to be inducted into Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I remember Clough being interviewed live on Central News by Keith Daniel after he'd retired, around the time F-word were having issues with one of their players (Collymore I think), Clough then began to compare him with a player he'd had problems with and added, in an alarmingly disparaging tone, "same colour 'n all", presumably referring to Fash. Given how many black players Clough put out over the years I was quite shocked by his attitude, but as with Atkinson, being a product of a different era, you're not going to be on the correct side of the line at all times. It would have been a big deal if he'd said that today however.
    Do you think in time that the stature might have to come down? Not something I would like to see but I'd never argue against it if the PC lot get their teeth into it, I have a family to think of after all.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree that political correctness can go too far but when you think of Fashanu (disowned by his brother and ending up killing himself) then Charlie Palmer (talking about as a youngster getting chased by people who wanted to beat him up for being black) you realise just how far we have come in a relatively short space of time.l.

You’re giving some of these lads too much credit Driller. I have no idea what ‘political correctness’ even is, and I don’t think many of the people who use the term do either.

Pugwash seems to think it’s something to do with coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You’re giving some of these lads too much credit Driller. I have no idea what ‘political correctness’ even is, and I don’t think many of the people who use the term do either.

Pugwash seems to think it’s something to do with coffee.
    Padraig and Cian calling you a w@anker all those years ago cleary's had an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ps. Times have changed for the better but saying black coffee instead without milk is racist, nor is saying I don't agree with same *** marriage, homophobic.
    Your coffee example is ridiculous. But saying you don't agree with gay marriage is the very definition of homophobic. In the same way that if I said I didn't agree with white people getting married that would be racist.

If you can't see that it's probably because you're homophobic and in denial about it.

Padraig and Cian calling you a w@anker all those years ago cleary's had an effect.

I’d love to know how many goes you had at spelling Padraig.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Your coffee example is ridiculous. But saying you don't agree with gay marriage is the very definition of homophobic. In the same way that if I said I didn't agree with white people getting married that would be racist.

If you can't see that it's probably because you're homophobic and in denial about it.
    My coffee? I don't agree with same *** marriage , never will. If you wanna shove homophobic down my neck , so be it.

I’d love to know how many goes you had at spelling Padraig.
    Easy, Harrington. I went to school with 2 as well. Not hard fatboy.

My coffee? I don't agree with same *** marriage , never will. If you wanna shove homophobic down my neck , so be it.
    I'm not shoving anything down your neck. You're the one offering up weird examples and uncomfortable innuendo here.

For what it's worth I too sometimes wonder whether we need 'homophobia awareness' football matches and whether a deceased footballer needs an award like this. Then I come on this board and realise that it totally is necessary as some football fans are so utterly sheltered from the modern day world it's turned them into ignorant bigots who are offensive to others without even realising.

It's not about being 'politically correct' it's just about being decent and understanding that you don't deserve to have an opinion on whether someone else's ***uality is wrong or right. Most people who think they do are either hiding something or victims of toxic masculinity.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I'm not shoving anything down your neck. You're the one offering up weird examples and uncomfortable innuendo here.

For what it's worth I too sometimes wonder whether we need 'homophobia awareness' football matches and whether a deceased footballer needs an award like this. Then I come on this board and realise that it totally is necessary as some football fans are so utterly sheltered from the modern day world it's turned them into ignorant bigots who are offensive to others without even realising.

It's not about being 'politically correct' it's just about being decent and understanding that you don't deserve to have an opinion on whether someone else's ***uality is wrong or right. Most people who think they do are either hiding something or victims of toxic masculinity.
    Reading that, I really don't care .
    Last edited by navypie; 18-02-2020 at 10:24 PM.

You’re giving some of these lads too much credit Driller. I have no idea what ‘political correctness’ even is.
    Political correctness is when us poor downtrodden Brits aren't allowed to fly England flags any more or put up lights at Christmas.

It was in The Sun, so it must be true.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast