+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Justin Fashanu to be inducted into Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You're not all there, Navel.
    Coming from you.....................

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    By today's standards a 37 year old and a 17 year old is a major issue in itself, back then a 37 year old man with a 17 year old female wouldn't have been such a big deal, indeed let's not forget The Sun was printing topless pictures of 16 year olds not too long beforehand.
    In terms of the wider context of s.exualising tee.nagers in mainstream media Page 3 is a very good example. Another one is the biggest chart single of that year by Britney Spears who was younger than the guy in question at the same time and being se.xualised heavily across both UK and US media.

It makes me sad that so many people are trying to find negatives in what could have been a really positive thread about one of our ex-players. So i'm bumping this, my favourite comment of them all in here thus far.

Including a magnificent header to beat Arsenal and two goals at Old Trafford to steal a point, four days after which he got injured, was out for the rest of the season and we got relegated. He might have made all the difference in keeping us up (maybe we would have beaten Everton in that FA Cup QF as well). He wasn't the same when he came back, a match against Cardiff he got sent off and although can't remember the details, I remember leaving the ground feeling that something was definitely not right with him, he refused to play on Sundays after that as he'd now turned to religion, which only added to his internal conflict.

I remember watching the wonder goal on MOTD at the time (40 years ago this month)and on the following Monday whilst playing football at break time on the school yard, I managed to score a pretty good goal (which was rare for me) and I instinctively mimicked Fash's modest celebration. The best player in our year turned to me with a massive grin on his face and shouted "JUSTIN FASHANU!!!"
    First new players to sign for Notts after I started going to Meadow Lane, Justin Fashanu. He was great, our biggest star and now he's up their with Tommy Lawton. I for one am absolutely thrilled for him.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Coming from you.....................
    I would think sidders is referring to your tendency to miss out words in your sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I would think sidders is referring to your tendency to miss out words in your sentences.
    To be fair to mesen, I only do it when I use my phone, iPad, laptop or chromebook.

Including a magnificent header to beat Arsenal and two goals at Old Trafford to steal a point, four days after which he got injured, was out for the rest of the season and we got relegated. He might have made all the difference in keeping us up (maybe we would have beaten Everton in that FA Cup QF as well). He wasn't the same when he came back, a match against Cardiff he got sent off and although can't remember the details, I remember leaving the ground feeling that something was definitely not right with him, he refused to play on Sundays after that as he'd now turned to religion, which only added to his internal conflict.

I remember watching the wonder goal on MOTD at the time (40 years ago this month)and on the following Monday whilst playing football at break time on the school yard, I managed to score a pretty good goal (which was rare for me) and I instinctively mimicked Fash's modest celebration. The best player in our year turned to me with a massive grin on his face and shouted "JUSTIN FASHANU!!!"
    First new players to sign for Notts after I started going to Meadow Lane, Justin Fashanu. He was great, our biggest star and now he's up their with Tommy Lawton. I for one am absolutely thrilled for him.
    Yep! I loved Fashanu, such a sad story though, deserves the accolade and ‘that’ goal for Norwich was as good as anything you see in football today. The brace against ManU was my first visit to Old Trafford. I’m so happy I have witnessed some great times and players following Notts, for all of the **** the last 20 odd years has thrown at us me like others will always have those memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep! I loved Fashanu, such a sad story though, deserves the accolade and ‘that’ goal for Norwich was as good as anything you see in football today. The brace against ManU was my first visit to Old Trafford. I’m so happy I have witnessed some great times and players following Notts, for all of the **** the last 20 odd years has thrown at us me like others will always have those memories.
    That's why I feel bad for fans like navy's lad, they deserve a medal. Am too young to have seen fashanu but saw some good time under warnock plus the odd good season here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    To be fair to mesen, I only do it when I use my phone, iPad, laptop or chromebook.
    What's a chromebook?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    What's a chromebook?
    A posh paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    That's why I feel bad for fans like navy's lad, they deserve a medal. Am too young to have seen fashanu but saw some good time under warnock plus the odd good season here and there.
    Says a lot when his favourite Notts player to date is Elliot Hewitt.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast