+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Killie V Dons mkII

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The 3 subs seems like the last throw of the dice for mcinnes and not just for this game.
    He threw the dice and rolled a 6. Or what ever number you are supposed to get to win on dice. Fair play to him. He looked fair tricket at full full time. He almost broke out the dad dancing, now that would have been a sackable offence.

What a bizarre game, the night could only have been better if I'd found a pub to drink in, missed the first 90 minutes and went through the turnstiles just as extra time was starting.

I didn't even know the score at full time I just knew we had scored 1 more than them.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Fans of the 4 clubs involved hardly have had a lot to shout about recently, so for fans to see these games live on tv or by streaming would surely tempt some fans back to going to actual games, especially St Mirren and Aberdeen fans and especially youngsters watching that live. Instead we have to satisfied by commentary on bbc Scotland. As you’ve said, Fuuck UEFA, but then again that wasn’t real football was it, the Chumps and their mates League is the only thing that matters. *******s.

To be fair the BBC aren't the worst at it. They are pretty fair with their comments. I listened to both games this week, and really could fault the commentators. If you get a chance listen to Stephen Thompson's reaction to the St Mirren and Motherwell penalties

Apart from that smug **** Currie who was in the studio last night and was his usual snide self in playing down Aberdeen’s efforts and achievement. Arsehole.

What a game and atmosphere , still buzzzing just made it into ground minutes before kick off traffic was horrendous

Avoided the score and watched it back just after midnight - for once it was well worth it!!

We actually played some decent enough stuff, and did go out with an attacking mindset. The problem was we had 3 very similar players in central midfield and we were too content just to keep the ball so we didn’t really go forward enough.

Second half, it was pretty much a 424 and we really got at them, moved the ball forward quickly (not just long punts though) and mcginn and Kennedy got the ball into the box. Looked to have more drive - Campbell and Logan certainly helped with that. Cosgrove didn’t do a massive amount that I can remember.

Considine for all his faults typified the never say die attitude of the team last night, to score one and set one up from left back. I would give him or Ferguson the captaincy. Lewis for me doesn’t cut it as captain - I also thought he should’ve done better with the first two goals - looked like he dived in slow motion for the first one.

But overall it was good. McLennan has an off night and mcgeough and Bryson just looked a bit out of sorts. Kennedy from second half onwards was very good - if he keeps that up he’ll be a great signing.

Thought Kennedy played well in second half and extra time , kille fans really giving it too him every time he was on the ball , couldn’t figure out why
    Logan had good drive when introduced and Campbell was very assured he is improving by the game
    Cosgrove was a bit meh when on appears to have lost a bit
    We were brilliant support and matched when team came to us at end of game
    Did you see McInnes and especially docherty , it certainly meant a lot too them
    A tremdous night for all who managed to get there will be remembered
    Hopefully the guys who fell over us are ok it looked like a sore one , they will be feeling it today haha

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    Thought Kennedy played well in second half and extra time , kille fans really giving it too him every time he was on the ball , couldn’t figure out why
    He started off at Killie before they sold him to Everton

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    Logan had good drive when introduced
    Thought Logan had a real impact when coming on. He'd obviously been told to go out and help push forwards. He made the odd mistake that has become a bit of a habit recently but overall I thought he looked like the Logan of old. Great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Thought Logan had a real impact when coming on. He'd obviously been told to go out and help push forwards. He made the odd mistake that has become a bit of a habit recently but overall I thought he looked like the Logan of old. Great to see.
    Yes, he did play well. I thought Campbell helped a lot too actually - he kept the ball moving much quicker and more incisively than Bryson or McGeough did in the first half.

It does leave McInnes in a bit of a quandry though - what is his best team and what is the best system to play? I'd actually be picking Campbell over the likes of McGeouch and Bryson at the moment.

Also, without wanting to highlight negatives from last night... what on earth was Devlin doing for their goal, made a total hash of it. He's turned into a total liability unfortunately.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast